• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Lottery winner

giorgi

Dear All,

My friend won the 2015 green card lottery, he was interviewed on May the 6th, but he did not submit his high school certificate with his documents, but the consulate asked hime to sent the certificate later to the embassy and he did send. The consulate gave him his passport and he has not heard anything from them ever since.

Does it mean he got refused or is there still a hope that they will reconsider his documents and give him a visa for a green card eventually.

Many thanks to all of you.

Dear All,

My friend won the 2015 green card lottery, he was interviewed on May the 6th, but he did not submit his high school certificate with his documents, but the consulate asked hime to sent the certificate later to the embassy and he did send. The consulate gave him his passport and he has not heard anything from them ever since.

Does it mean he got refused or is there still a hope that they will reconsider his documents and give him a visa for a green card eventually.

Many thanks to all of you.

Prior to an interview a visa slot is allocated to the selectee - so if they are approved, that visa spot is certain. However, when someone is missing a document and submits it later that can introduce a delay/risk. If case is still on AP at the end of the month (May in your friends case), the preallocated visa is returned to KCC to the pool of available visas. Once the missing document is supplied and accepted, the embassy have to request a visa slot to be allocated - and that can take some time. It is risky toward the end of the year since visas run out.

So - depending on when your friend submitted the document there could be a delay. It is best for him to wait a couple more weeks and then contact the embassy...

Dear Britsimon,
Thank you for your reply.
So it means if he doesn't hear from the embassy at the end of the year, it means he will get refused?

Dear Britsimon,
Thank you for your reply.
So it means if he doesn't hear from the embassy at the end of the year, it means he will get refused?

No visa can be approved after September 30. But he should contact the embassy before then to see if he has been approved.

as at now, there should be enough visa slots available right, Britsimon?

We are getting close to that point. The last VB is calculated based on the position as of July 1. So - that is when the last slots are assigned. After that point, it becomes about slots made available by refusals. That is fine at an embassy like Ghana where refusal spots are abundant :)oops:) but not so good if you are waiting for a refusal place at an embassy with very few interviews and thus, very few refusals.

Dear all,

I have one question. My friend on his interview for green card at the embassy got given a temporary refusal. They said that they had to double check the documents. Could you tell me what does it mean? does temporary mean that he will not get a visa for green card anymore or is it temporary indeed?
He heard from someone that there was a global problem at this point for issuing visas. Have you heard something like that?

Many thanks in advance

Dear all,

I have one question. My friend on his interview for green card at the embassy got given a temporary refusal. They said that they had to double check the documents. Could you tell me what does it mean? does temporary mean that he will not get a visa for green card anymore or is it temporary indeed?
He heard from someone that there was a global problem at this point for issuing visas. Have you heard something like that?

Many thanks in advance

There was a global problem but this is not what your friend's case was about. Clearly they are either not sure that some of his documents are valid, or perhaps he comes from a different country to where he interviewed and they need to confirm the school qualification is acceptable. So "temporary" means temporary as long as his documents end up being ok, but if there is a problem with his documents then he will get refused. Is he sure they don't want him to submit anything else?

Thank you for your answer.

No, they did not ask him to submit anything additional, they just said that they will go through with his documents once again and make sure they are legitimate.

Do you know when the problem will be resolved?

Thank you for your answer.

No, they did not ask him to submit anything additional, they just said that they will go through with his documents once again and make sure they are legitimate.

Do you know when the problem will be resolved?

With no idea what the problem is, no.