• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Has anyone called the DOS? Does anyone have the correct number?
Every terminal I've spoken too has been able to offer no information. I didn't think it would be this hard to just get an answer.

If they have reached the max - I understand but I'd just like to know as I'm sure everyone else would.

Bit of a contradiction.

Er, ok. If we are to believe that you have called KCC with the same question "several" times. Strange how everyone posting here said July.

Incidentally I was doing an exercise with another poster, comparing advance notification for September with the final outcome in years where there were regional cutoffs for one or more regions. In not one case could we find any difference at all.

Not challenging you Susie Q - I know what is true for myself from what I've experienced with the KCC on the numerous calls I've made to them.

I suggest you call yourself to get it clarified - for you.

Cheers

Not challenging you Susie Q - I know what is true for myself from what I've experienced with the KCC on the numerous calls I've made to them.

I suggest you call yourself to get it clarified - for you.

Cheers

I don't need it clarified. I'm just wary of giving so many people false hope.

Hi everyone, I am wanting some closure in the reality of OC numbers going up at all. There seems to be loads of rumors on this thread and I don't want to get my hopes up.....but my number is OC00145*, literally missing out by just a couple of people!!! This is tortuous!

Hi everyone, I am wanting some closure in the reality of OC numbers going up at all. There seems to be loads of rumors on this thread and I don't want to get my hopes up.....but my number is OC00145*, literally missing out by just a couple of people!!! This is tortuous!

Sky, I'm afraid you'll need to wait about 3 weeks for that closure. Once the actual September VB comes out, we'll know for sure what the final count is.

Hi people ,
I called the KCC last night again to check the processing status of DV2014 cut off numbers and once again , I was told to PARTICIPATE in DV2016. :(
But the lady at the call center also told me to check again in August just incase the CN increase but she doubted it .

Wow, that is tough. There are not many people who would have guessed such a low cutoff for OC at this point.

I am holding on to a small hope that numbers will be updated in the next VB - but it won't be by many if any at all....

plssssss friends will there be another selection for DV 2015 in October?
or just the one that was published on 1st May 2014

ok thanks
a friend said she is waiting for the second draw which i told her from the notification that u ve not been selected they dont further say u should keep ur number till October like they used to do for some years

If anyone was drawn as a winner now, they would get a higher number than anyone already a winner, so they would be a winner of a place in a line that is already too long. Why is she waiting????

If anyone was drawn as a winner now, they would get a higher number than anyone already a winner, so they would be a winner of a place in a line that is already too long. Why is she waiting????

because she checked 1st May 2014 and found not selected so asking if there is still any hope for being selected again for 2015 FY

Tell her to stop waiting.
Yeah I had the same hopes in DV2014 but looks like they have grossly over selected that year, especially in Oceania. I am selected for DV2015 as 21xx probably in the last 100-150 so chances are getting slimmer and slimmer ill ever hear from KCC this time next year. Am changing my thought process now towards Canada but will keep entering the lottery each year.

Yeah I had the same hopes in DV2014 but looks like they have grossly over selected that year, especially in Oceania. I am selected for DV2015 as 21xx probably in the last 100-150 so chances are getting slimmer and slimmer ill ever hear from KCC this time next year. Am changing my thought process now towards Canada but will keep entering the lottery each year.

Sadly they have done the same screw up for DV2015, so yeah, keep entering and looking at other options. E3 perhaps?

Sadly they have done the same screw up for DV2015, so yeah, keep entering and looking at other options. E3 perhaps?
E3 is only available to Australians sadly :( being from NZ we have limited options. I work at Coca Cola in NZ and we cant even organise a work transfer as the business ownership isn't strong enough to apply. Only thing I can hope for is they do actually try and allocate enough visas for Oceania next year due to DV2014 being what it is. I feel like they had a idea they had screwed up a bit and reduced those selected back to 125K but seems like that will still be a bit high. Here is a tricky question for you, can a US governor sign off a visa or visa extension??

E3 is only available to Australians sadly :( being from NZ we have limited options. I work at Coca Cola in NZ and we cant even organise a work transfer as the business ownership isn't strong enough to apply. Only thing I can hope for is they do actually try and allocate enough visas for Oceania next year due to DV2014 being what it is. I feel like they had a idea they had screwed up a bit and reduced those selected back to 125K but seems like that will still be a bit high. Here is a tricky question for you, can a US governor sign off a visa or visa extension??

Ahhh yes - the lesser spotted Kiwi selectee. No E3 for you. Shame about Coke - L1 is a nice visa.....

As for the governor, no they don't have a stack of blank visas or any rights to extend them that I know of, although they could obviously push a visa application through "channels". In fact, for those of us who already reside in the US and doing adjustment of status applications, we can and do use congresspeople to push our cases through - things seem to magically get fixed after they get involved.

Ahhh yes - the lesser spotted Kiwi selectee. No E3 for you. Shame about Coke - L1 is a nice visa.....

As for the governor, no they don't have a stack of blank visas or any rights to extend them that I know of, although they could obviously push a visa application through "channels". In fact, for those of us who already reside in the US and doing adjustment of status applications, we can and do use congresspeople to push our cases through - things seem to magically get fixed after they get involved.
Thanks for that, I have heard of people reaching out to congress, or using the right friends. Yeah no E3 visas for us, when republicans are in power we don't tend to have as strong relations with the US, especially around the Iraq war that NZ opposed. If I don't get green card next year its not the end of the world for me, I have a good job for a global company, its just more a urge to get that international experience. Canada is cold but awesome, and I love Toronto and they seem to be more open to work sponsorship than the US. I cant be to upset if I don't get in, there are tons of people from DV2014 that I really feel for, especially those only realising now how it works with case numbers etc.

Hey man I 'm a NZer too and have also been selected for the DV2015 but with a high case number also OC22XX....I am also in the process of trying to suss my Canadian Visa but am holding off for as long as poss due to this DV lottery win...Am I right to correctly think my bubble has been burst as I see that the Oceania case no's for 2014 are not even going to go current by the looks....what do you think?

Hey man I 'm a NZer too and have also been selected for the DV2015 but with a high case number also OC22XX....I am also in the process of trying to suss my Canadian Visa but am holding off for as long as poss due to this DV lottery win...Am I right to correctly think my bubble has been burst as I see that the Oceania case no's for 2014 are not even going to go current by the looks....what do you think?

Sadly things are looking as bad for high DV2015 numbers as they are for DV2014. So - whilst no one should give up quite yet based on 2014 results, you should certainly progress your plan B (Canada in your case).