• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Hi peeps another Australian winner here. Case number in low 2000's. Im already in the US so I going to do AOS. These case numbers have me fretting a bit though!

Once I have had a decent sleep I want to post some questions that I have in here. I have also decided to start a blog to track my journey to the states.

I would read that blog! I am in the 2400's and was fretting but my friend living in NY already says that the numbers don't matter, or at least didn't matter 2 years ago when she went.

Once I have had a decent sleep I want to post some questions that I have in here. I have also decided to start a blog to track my journey to the states.

Where in Australia can I easily get 2 inch by 2 inch photos of my face done?

Australia Post seems to be set up to do Australian passport photos which are smaller size.

Where in Australia can I easily get 2 inch by 2 inch photos of my face done?

Got mine done at one of the photo shops/kiosks in the local shopping mall that advertised international passport photos (and specifically mentioning the US). They took my photo and $15, 20 minutes later I had four 2x2 inch photos with no borders.

Use yellowpages.com.au to find the photo shops at your local mall and give them a call :)

All these people mailed their forms and photos already. I haven't yet. Am I an idiot for not doing it ASAP? I am still gathering the material. But all you people who mailed it real quick.... you're freaking me out.

Also do I need to write a US address on the form now? for them to send things to?

No badabingbada , I havent even started to look at the forms yet. It's on my "to do " list for this weekend. Where in the US does everyone hope to settle?

All these people mailed their forms and photos already. I haven't yet. Am I an idiot for not doing it ASAP? I am still gathering the material. But all you people who mailed it real quick.... you're freaking me out.

I don't think there is a huge rush at the moment - as mentioned to you in a PM, I did it so quickly to just get it out of the way. It's out of my hands now - whatever is meant to happen will happen :)

Also do I need to write a US address on the form now? for them to send things to?

I didn't - I wrote "Not yet known - to be advised" for the US addresses. I have a friend in Florida I will get it sent to, but he is in the process of selling his house and moving - my understanding is it is fine to provide the address details at interview time.

Who is the petitioner?

Hi guys,

I'm completing DS230 PII but struggling on the item and Name and Address of the Petitioner. Is the petitioner me or should I mark N/A.

Thanks for your help.

Another Aussie here in the 2xxx's!

Congrats to fellow selectees!
I guess the 2xxx CN gives me some time to decide whether to do CP or AOS.

Hi guys,

Been applying every year for about 10 years and nearly fell off my chair last night when I didn't get the usual "you have not been selected at this time" message. After reading through the process and getting very little sleep last night, it was great to stumble upon this forum! I'm planning to read through the Aus 2013 thread, but I'm sure I'm going to have a bajillion questions and I'm very glad to have found you all! My CN is in the low 2000s, and although I'm worried about time running out before I can get processed, I'm also kinda glad to have some time to get everything organised. There is just so much to do - and because I'd not been selected for so many years, I figured it would never happen and am not prepared. At all.

Hi guys,

Been applying every year for about 10 years and nearly fell off my chair last night when I didn't get the usual "you have not been selected at this time" message. After reading through the process and getting very little sleep last night, it was great to stumble upon this forum! I'm planning to read through the Aus 2013 thread, but I'm sure I'm going to have a bajillion questions and I'm very glad to have found you all! My CN is in the low 2000s, and although I'm worried about time running out before I can get processed, I'm also kinda glad to have some time to get everything organised. There is just so much to do - and because I'd not been selected for so many years, I figured it would never happen and am not prepared. At all.

I did the same thing, I just sat there shocked that it actually happened for me this year. At first I was keen to get it all over and done with as soon as possible but now I'm happy that it's probably a conservative 12-18 months away, as I moved to London a few years ago on the smell of an oily rag so I want to give myself the best chance at success this time.

Hi guys,

Congrats smeggs30! I also have a CN in the low 2000's. Im already in the US but glad I found these forums or Id be lost.

Hi fellow dv2004 OC winners,

Congratulations on winning this crazy thing.

I won (submitted my application 4 mins before the deadline!) with a case number 2014OC000011XX

I live in NYC, and am hoping my case number isn't too high. I don't know about anyone else, but I find the whole
'CURRENT' for the cut off thing a bit confusing. ie, don't know exactly how things are handled at that pointed re case numbers.
Also I'm on an E-3 visa that expires in May (this year I would have been interviewed in June), so don't know whether to renew it or not (don't think I can)....if anyone has any advice that would be awesome!
Also, does anyone know whether we have to do our CP interviews in Australia (home country) or can we do it in Canada or something?

Thanks!

I did the same thing, I just sat there shocked that it actually happened for me this year. At first I was keen to get it all over and done with as soon as possible but now I'm happy that it's probably a conservative 12-18 months away, as I moved to London a few years ago on the smell of an oily rag so I want to give myself the best chance at success this time.

This is probably my biggest worry - money. I'm scared I'll get through everything else, then they'll look at my bank balance and go, "Yeah...no." I have a substantial debt to finish paying off before I can even begin to start saving, thanks to my cat racking up enormous vet bills and then dying on me anyway last year. Worried I won't get into the bracket I need to be in, even if I sell everything I own. I have friends (I consider family) I plan to stay with once I get over there, but I'd feel better with that buffer.

Congrats smeggs30! I also have a CN in the low 2000's. Im already in the US but glad I found these forums or Id be lost.

Congrats to you too! :) I found a place to get my photos done today (and also get passport photos, since that expired on me), so I'm hoping to check a couple details and get my forms out on Monday. It's exciting and terrifying all at once, isn't it?