• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2013 DV Australian winners

So, it's been ages since any of us have talked.

Just wanted to check in, see if any of you still pop by here at all, and see how you're doing? Everyone settled all ok?

I had moved last year as a resident in May, then returned to Australia in September for my teaching internship. I'm now permanently back in the US, since April, and am here for good now! Aside from the occasional visit back to Australia, of course.
I'm working full time, as a teacher at a kids fitness centre, and I love it. Took about six weeks to find a job as I declined a few offers for various reasons (pay was too low or didn't like the work hours). I am living with my fiancee, and have the wedding in two and a half months, so that's keeping me crazy busy. And we're temporarily living with her parents, as we're waiting for a home loan application to be approved - and once it does, we can buy a house! We've got our eye on a few houses at the moment.

So how's everyone else doing? Found jobs and houses and everything ok? What states have you all ended up in?

Has anyone here had to do a Canadian police check, from Australia? I'm trying to figure out how to get it done - and cheaper.. Australian police check + Canadian police check is looking to cost me a fortune!

I found this site called fingerscan, you just get ink prints done by local police here and send it to them, and they scan it onto electronic prints? Then send it to RCMP & then it gets processed through electronic finger prints (done in 3 days) rather than ink prints which take 9-18+ weeks apparently.

Only problem is it's an extra $150 to get this site/company to make the ink ones electronic. Is there another way around this? Is there somewhere I can get electronic prints done instead? I'm so confused. I can't wait even 9 weeks for the cheaper ink result way.

Hi:

If you are talking about fingerscan.ca, I think they are the best people to get RCMP check in fast and convenient way. I got mine done from them and am completely satisfied with their service. The cost is bit issue but this cost also includes the RCMP fee $25.00.

PJ