2011 April N-400 Tracker

Don't hesitate to ask if you need inputs/suggestions.
I wish you the best! Keep us updated.

QUOTE=usinsuser99;2557869]kahuni98.,

Thank you much for your help and your time.
I hope i got most of the information of kid's citizen ship works.
I should share with you once i finishes my interview(10/17/2011 @ Newark 9:20 am)

Appreciated it !!!

Regards.,
usinsuser99[/QUOTE]

At last! I just had my Oath taking yesterday at Norfolk, Court house in Granby St.

My Oath experience:

My time was 9:30AM and we had to go inside the smaller room instead of the big room because the bigger room was being used. And they said this is unusual but because the court room was small probably 80-90 people capacity for the long seats. But since there were also guests we were packed inside. The Oath was divided into 2 one for 11:30 and one for 12:30.

The first thing they did was sign us all in, and the first 49 people would be on the first batch for 11:30AM. I was lucky I got number 45 whew. When they sign you in you have to fill up the form that they sent to us in the mail. City and State should be filled with where you are at at that time, not where you live. Then I surrendered my old permanent residence card. THey gave us an envelope with a folder for the certificate, it was nice. The whole signing up finished at 10:20AM. I went out then when I came back they had assigned us our seats. Without the guests. They kept on bringing chairs from outside for all the guests. And the kids, toddlers or babies that were making sounds, were asked politely to leave the room with their parents of course. The guests, including kids were not allowed sit with their parent who was going to take the oath.

The whole thing started at 11:40AM finished at 12:30PM. Oath of allegiance, the creed, Pledge of allegiance, then a speech regarding Citizenship. It was also mentioned in the beginning that there were about 10 people who are going to have their names changed. The judge approved. Then the judge gave a short speech. Then that's it, he left then we fell in line to take our certificates. Gave us a small flag, a pencil souvenir, it said Norfolk on it. Came out at 12:30 just in time because we have 0 minutes left in the meter hehehe.. And there were way more people on the second batch 12:30PM. More than 49 people on the first one, not to mention guests.

Anyway, they said that this is NOT USUAL they are usually organized and it was just because of the case going on, and the other big court room was used.

Oh and Cameras and Cellphones or ANYTHING that has batteries in it are not allowed inside the court house. They have a scanner so they are going to scan the contents of your whole bag so no use hiding it hehehe.

Anyway, that's it I sent in my application April 28, 2011, Interview Aug 31, then Oath Oct. 11, 2011 (172 days or 5 months 19 days). I also had a name change which I thought would delay my Oath way more, but it didn't and thank God. My name change was actually for my middle initial which is my father's surname but for some reason it's different here in the US the middle name is the Mother's maiden name. And I just had to take advantage of the "free" name change. :)

Next stop, Passport. Good luck to all the helpful people in this forum. For the other N400 applicants hope you get yours soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
N-400 Interview date and time 10/17/2011 ; 9:20 @ Newark , 970 Broad Street.

Reached to 15th floor 8:30 am, security officer asked us come @ 9:00

Back to cafeteria in 2nd floor, then back to 15th floor @ 9:00

Security officer told us , go to the window# 1

myself and wife handover both interview letters @ window 1, told us wait in waiting area (we got seats in that hall)

called me @ 10:20 for come to Windows 8, officer asked my passport ,
then he took my pp , then he took photo copy of 1st page of my PP , asked me come to the door # 2.

took me to his office, showed chair, asked to me show my right arm, tell truth (swear), show GC and if you have DL show me too.

then gone through the my application, verified , asked all most all part of the application with quick manner.

Application questions --> data of birth , address, how many trips to went out the country, arrested or not, how many kids,

Then yes or no questions in application.

Then entered into the civic questions as follows

70) Who was the first President?
53) What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
100) Name two national U.S. holidays ?
84) What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
43) Who is the Governor of your state now?
95) Where is the Statue of Liberty?

Not asked reading question, asked me write as follows

"We have one hundred senators"

then told me, you passed, congratulations, given oath ceremony form, asked choose all NOs @ yes or no questions on that form.
I guess finished interview within 5 or 6 mins.

then back to waiting area, sat for next call.
@ 11:15 , called me one more officer asked me sign on copy and original of Naturalization certificate.
took my GC, given big envelop , some stuff what are the next steps after Citizen ship.

then back to waiting area

@ 11:20, one person came in front of waiting area , announced who ever got big envelop,
please enter into Oath room (left side of waiting room, on 15th floor).

@ 11:30 ,Some video stared about immigration in tv, we have to watch that video.

After that junior officer given speech about, immigration, rights , and responsibilities of citizenship.

Particularly saying, do not give the certificate to any agency other than passport agency,
PP agency will send it back along with our PP.
Please take the photo copy before handover the Passport agency for passport processing purpose.

After that senior officer came and handover the Naturalization certificate.

In Oath room, we have to watch video, listen speech, sing songs along with officers. other officers observing us.
Replacement of certificate is taking more time and money.
Do not laminate the certificate.

< 18 kids automatically converted into citizens once one of the parents got Naturalization Certificate.

Once got the certificate , then entered into SSN office @ 10th floor for updation of my SSN and kids.

Took my application , entered into their system, but not yet stored my updates in their database,
they did not get my citizenship updates in their databases.

They asked me wait couple of weeks , we can get the confirmation about SSN.

In the case of kids , kids does not have proof of citizen ship. SSN people and Immigration people advised me
first apply the passport for kids, once get those pp, then update the their SSNs.

once apply the PP for kids, then apply the N-600 for kids citizen ship.

My experience

1) Very simple but accurate process, if our application have no obligations, interview is also straight forward.
2) Main GC, all passports, DL needed to show to them (mandatory)
3) Better take the all traffic tickets, court depositions.
4) Take the tax returns info
5) Restrooms are very close to the waiting room,
better use restrooms after while handover the letter @ window 1.
Once interview over almost relax.

6) we can get the PP form along with certificate, if we finished the Oath @ 11:30 am.
then we apply the pp in cross street post office, PP application process will close @ 2:30 pm in that postoffice.

7) Latter we can update the SSN.
8) Staff are very nice.
9) Little pain in waiting and restroom use.

05/28/2011: N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX UPS Express
05/31/2011: Application received
05/31/2011: Priority date
06/02/2011: Notice date
06/10/2011: NOA I-797C received in mail
06/15/2011: Biometrics shceduled letter (Appointment date : 7/7/2011)
07/07/2011: Biometrics work done
09/08/2011: Received Interview letter (Appointment date : 10/17/2011)
10/17/2011: Interview passed, finished Oath ceremony, got Naturalization Certificate.

Thanks for all of our members and good luck to them.

Special thanks to kahuni98

If any body have any questions ,please pass to me, if i have i would definitely answer.

Finally thanks once again to Rajiv Khanna.

Really appreciated his Service!!!

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL

Regards.,

usinsuser99

Last edited by a moderator:
usinsuser99,
Conglatulations! Am so happy for you its all over.

N-400 Interview date and time 10/17/2011 ; 9:20 @ Newark , 970 Broad Street.

Reached to 15th floor 8:30 am, security officer asked us come @ 9:00

Back to cafeteria in 2nd floor, then back to 15th floor @ 9:00

Security officer told us , go to the window# 1

myself and wife handover both interview letters @ window 1, told us wait in waiting area (we got seats in that hall)

called me @ 10:20 for come to Windows 8, officer asked my passport ,
then he took my pp , then he took photo copy of 1st page of my PP , asked me come to the door # 2.

took me to his office, showed chair, asked to me show my right arm, tell truth (swear), show GC and if you have DL show me too.

then gone through the my application, verified , asked all most all part of the application with quick manner.

Application questions --> data of birth , address, how many trips to went out the country, arrested or not, how many kids,

Then yes or no questions in application.

Then entered into the civic questions as follows

70) Who was the first President?
53) What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
100) Name two national U.S. holidays ?
84) What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
43) Who is the Governor of your state now?
95) Where is the Statue of Liberty?

Not asked reading question, asked me write as follows

"We have one hundred senators"

then told me, you passed, congratulations, given oath ceremony form, asked choose all NOs @ yes or no questions on that form.
I guess finished interview within 5 or 6 mins.

then back to waiting area, sat for next call.
@ 11:15 , called me one more officer asked me sign on copy and original of Naturalization certificate.
took my GC, given big envelop , some stuff what are the next steps after Citizen ship.

then back to waiting area

@ 11:20, one person came in front of waiting area , announced who ever got big envelop,
please enter into Oath room (left side of waiting room, on 15th floor).

@ 11:30 ,Some video stared about immigration in tv, we have to watch that video.

After that junior officer given speech about, immigration, rights , and responsibilities of citizenship.

Particularly saying, do not give the certificate to any agency other than passport agency,
PP agency will send it back along with our PP.
Please take the photo copy before handover the Passport agency for passport processing purpose.

After that senior officer came and handover the Naturalization certificate.

In Oath room, we have to watch video, listen speech, sing songs along with officers. other officers observing us.
Replacement of certificate is taking more time and money.
Do not laminate the certificate.

< 18 kids automatically converted into citizens once one of the parents got Naturalization Certificate.

Once got the certificate , then entered into SSN office @ 10th floor for updation of my SSN and kids.

Took my application , entered into their system, but not yet stored my updates in their database,
they did not get my citizenship updates in their databases.

They asked me wait couple of weeks , we can get the confirmation about SSN.

In the case of kids , kids does not have proof of citizen ship. SSN people and Immigration people advised me
first apply the passport for kids, once get those pp, then update the their SSNs.

once apply the PP for kids, then apply the N-600 for kids citizen ship.

My experience

1) Very simple but accurate process, if our application have no obligations, interview is also straight forward.
2) Main GC, all passports, DL needed to show to them (mandatory)
3) Better take the all traffic tickets, court depositions.
4) Take the tax returns info
5) Restrooms are very close to the waiting room,
better use restrooms after while handover the letter @ window 1.
Once interview over almost relax.

6) we can get the PP form along with certificate, if we finished the Oath @ 11:30 am.
then we apply the pp in cross street post office, PP application process will close @ 2:30 pm in that postoffice.

7) Latter we can update the SSN.
8) Staff are very nice.
9) Little pain in waiting and restroom use.

10/17/2011: Interview passed, finished Oath ceremony, got Naturalization Certificate.

Thanks for all of our members and good luck to them.

Special thanks to kahuni98

If any body have any questions ,please pass to me, if i have i would definitely answer.

Finally thanks once again to Rajiv Khanna.

Really appreciated his Service!!!

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL

Regards.,

usinsuser99

usinsuser99,
Conglatulations! Am so happy for you its all over.

Hi kahuni98.,

What about next steps after passport process like as follows

1) SSN update process for all parents & kids
2) N-600 processe for kids
3) we need to update the I9 withour employer ?
4) what about horizon country visa processes ?

If you have little time please share with us.

10/22/2011: Applied for passports for (myself, wife, and 2 kids -> @ 12 and @ 17 years) as regular process (passport book and passport card as well).

Once gain thanks in advance.

-usinsuser99

Dear members.,

Please advise and clear me as following questions

1) I wish to apply the OCI card for (meself + wife + 17 years kid + 12 years kid)
2) How many OCI registration forms should I submit on line ? or if one family application enough , can i take prints outs 8 ?
3) How many Order forms should i submit ? If one submission enough , then I take 8 print outs ?
4) What about fee (total amount) $290 x 4 , can i take single money order , if diff please clear me how many money orders needed with payable to who ?
5) Should i send all required documents with duplicates through single envelop ?
6) Is it one prepaid envelop enough to send along with all documents ?
7) how to generate the shipping label ?
8) how to generate the PART - A and PART - B, how many part A forms needed & how many Part B forms needed ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I would greatly appreciate it

-usinsuser99