2005 Filed Cases General Discussions Thread

joyd

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Please use this thread for all general discussions and leave the tracker thread for just the tracker.

thanks
joyd

Quick Question Friends

When you received the FP notice.. was there an update in the online status under your 485 receipt. saying something like .. FP notice sent..
OR is it they dont update the status but just send the notice to the lawyer and then lawyer sends the notice doc. to you.

Appreciate your help.

Taps1 said:
Quick Question Friends

When you received the FP notice.. was there an update in the online status under your 485 receipt. saying something like .. FP notice sent..
OR is it they dont update the status but just send the notice to the lawyer and then lawyer sends the notice doc. to you.

Appreciate your help.
In my case there was no LUD change when I got the FP notice. There was a LUD change only after the FP was done. Also, the notice came to me directly - not to the lawyer.
Cheers!

Andy_NJ said:
In the last 2 days I saw changes in my LUD. Any idea what does this mean?
Thanks!

Andy,

You may hear the good news! Keep your fingers crossed.

Andy_NJ said:
In the last 2 days I saw changes in my LUD. Any idea what does this mean?
Thanks!

I have seen the same pattern in my LUD's. I hope in a few weeks to get the approval and not an RFE. Good luck

Hi friends,
Is there anyone with Bsc Computer Science (3 ys) + Msc Computer Science (2 Ys) who has the education evaluation equated to MS?

Please share your experince with me.

Thanks in advance...
Ram

EB3 Visa Numbers Unavailablility from july 1 2005. Does it impact already filed cases

Iam not clear as to how the visa numbers unavailability for the EB3 category
affects the I-485 cases that have been filed before July 1 2005. Can anybody let me know whats going to happen to my case by looking at the details below.

Thanksin advance

Labour PD Nov 2001
I-140 RD May 19 2005
I-485 RD May 19 2005
I-131 RD May 19 2005
I-765 RD May 19 2005
FP done June 9th 2005

I dont see any LUD updates after June 10th.

I-140 filed under EB1

Hi All:

My I-140 was filed under the EB1 category on March 22, 2005. When can I expect to see some kind of an update on the online tracking website of uscis.

Regards
EFI

Please Advise Me....

Hi Friends,

My I-140/485/EAD/AP filed on Feb 23rd, 2005 in EB2 (Substitute) category. I went to local office two weeks ago for interim EAD and Local INS People told that all My applications are on ‘Process HOLD’. Then I called VSC as it has been 90 days after I filed EAD and VSC People told that they did not see any problem with any one of My applications and opened a enquiry too. And they (VSC People) also advised to go to local office to get interim EAD.

I went to local office on 10th morning and once again Memphis Local INS People told me that all my applications put on ‘ON HOLD’ on March 4th, 2005.

Can any please? Suggest me what does it mean? What needs to be done? Is it good idea to call VSC again and have his lawyer to follow up on this?

execfromindia said:
Hi All:

My I-140 was filed under the EB1 category on March 22, 2005. When can I expect to see some kind of an update on the online tracking website of uscis.

Regards
EFI

I give you my version:
I applied for EB1 at VSC.
I140-I485
I140 RD 04/21/05, AD 06/01/05
I485 RD 04/20/05, ND 05/19/05
FP booked for 07/08/05

Hi dewey_daniel and execfromindia,

I am in the same boat as you guys. My company has applied for my Green Card under the L1-A multinational manager category. I am assuming that both of you did not require a labor clearance. Let me know if that is correct.

My I-140 ND is 5/24/2005. Question for dewey_daniel...When I lookup the processing time table for VSC it indicates that under the multinational manager category I-140 applications received on 18 Nov 2004 are being currently evaluated. Quite clearly that was not the case for you as your application was filed much later than that. Am I reading the table incorrectly?

Also, does anyone know whether the I-140 processing starts only once the I-485 application is received? I have a 3 week delay between when my 140 was filed to when my lawyer sent the 485 application.

Cheers

I-140 under EB1 - my understanding.

Thanx for the reply on my earlier post dewey_daniel, and congratualtions! Good to hear that you case is on the fast track!!!

Hi A_P:

My understanding is very limited in this process. From what I know, yes, for L1-A (multinational manager transfer), labor certification is not required.

On the issue of timing, from what i have seen in this forum, it certainly does not follow a sequential FIFO pattern. And it definately does not mean that if someone who applied after you has been approved, you are in trouble, or anything like that. I guess it is just pure luck, the mood/efficiency of the officer to whom your case is assigned, the side of the bed you woke up on, and other important things like that :confused:.

Yes, I do feel a bit left out when I see cases that were filed after mine getting approved, but I think there is not much one can do in such cases. I do feel glad for thoes who have been lucky, and wish them all the very best in the onward process.

On your last question, again from my limited knowledge, I do not think that I-140 processing starts only once the I-485 application is received. In my case, I have opted for consular processing option in the I-140. In any case, you have the option to make up/change your mind on the route you want to take after I-140 approval.

Regards
EFI.

Last edited by a moderator:
EF1,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like both of us are in the same boat. Both application category wise as well as our limited knowledge about the process!

My lawyer had advised that no LC is required for L1-A and I was more than happy to go along with the suggestion as it considerably reduces the processing time. But some acquaintances also suggested that EB-1 applicants undergo greater scrutiny because of the lack of LC requirements which might lead to longer than usual 140 processing time.

Good luck to you in the process.

A_P said:
EF1,

But some acquaintances also suggested that EB-1 applicants undergo greater scrutiny because of the lack of LC requirements which might lead to longer than usual 140 processing time.

Actually, that is not completely true. EB1 cases do get under more scrutiny, but that does not mean cases are delayed/held up in general. Our friend dewey_daniel is an example of fast approval.

But do not loose heart! Very generically, an I-140 decision comes between 3~6 months. And yes, in case of a green card wait, patience is a virtue!

Regards
EFI