2 years at Resident Country or Home Country

hendraiskandar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am Indonesian and I stay at Singapore since year 2000. At year 2001 I became Permanent Resident in Singapore. At year 2003 to 2004 I went to USA under J-1 visa. It was Singapore Government who sent me there and I have to stay in Singapore after I finished my training.
My question is the two years requirement ifor the J-1 visa is to be in Indonesia or Singapore ?

rgds

It is the country listed as "Legal Permanent Residence Country" on your form DS-2019. From what you are saying, it sounds like it is Singapore.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I am applying green card which I got from Lottery. During the interview, the immigration officer told me that I should go back to Indonesia. In my J-1 visa stamped at my passport there is a word Indonesia at 2 years home country. I told them that it was the government of Singapore that paid for my training and I am a permanent resident of Singapore. They asked for my DS-2019 form. I didn't have it at that time. My visa was temporary rejected and I was asked to come back with a proof that I am a permanent resident of Singapore. Luckily I can get my DS-2019 and it was stated there that legal permanent resident : Singapore

I don't know which country the officer will take now