2 year rule waiver

gab

Hello,
I am planning to apply for a waiver to the 2 year rule (212e). I could apply on the basis of "no objection" or "exceptional hardship", since I have a child born in the US.
I have a few questions:
1- Are the odds better in one case or the other? In my case, the reason for the 2 year rule is “skills list”.
2- I did get funding, however, from a US federal agency. Is that considered government funding?
3- What constitutes "exceptional hardship"?
Also, I heard somewhere that you should be allowed to stay in the states to guarantee your American child’s basic education, that is, until he finishes high school. Is this true?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks!

1- Are the odds better in one case or the other? In my case, the reason for the 2 year rule is “skills list”.

You can try no-objection first, if you are sure that your HRR is based on skills list. However, you are also saying your got government financing. It's not good.

2- I did get funding, however, from a US federal agency. Is that considered government funding?

Yes, of course.

3- What constitutes "exceptional hardship"?

Your child is awfully sick and there is no medical treatment for this illness in your home country.

Also, I heard somewhere that you should be allowed to stay in the states to guarantee your American child’s basic education, that is, until he finishes high school. Is this true?

That's a lie.