1040 Requirement for CP

heynow

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have my interview schedule in July'04.
What if i dont have copies of 1040 ? I have the W-2. I e-filed on couple of occasion, kindly help. This is urgent.

Thx
heynow

COnsular processing--interview date but no notification

Hi,

As my attorney told me the papers had been approved by teh National visa center and submitted to the consulate in Argentina in early May, I decided to contact the consulate by email to ask if they had an idea of when approximately the interview will be. I needed to plan my absence from work.
That was this past Thursday. About 5 minutes after I sent the email, I got a response (email) labeled as High importance: "Dear Mrs... Your interview is scheduled for July xxx" (in less than 2 weeks).

I have never received the notification. In fact, I have to take a plane tomorrow if I want to have the medical exam complete before the interview date. There is a long holiday in Argentina next week.

Is this common? I just learned BY CHANCE about my interview. I have nothing other than this email they sent me and the subsequeent emails confirming and re-0confirming, as I kept asking.

They also gave me the medical sheet through email, so I could call a doctor and make the appontment (the embassy said that was something I had to do myself).

I do not have anything (packet 4??). I understand there may be some more forms aside the DS230 that has been already mailed to the consulate.

I do not evne know if security will let me in without an appointment letter.

I just want to know if this is normal that you just find out by chance., If I had called next week and not a day ago, I would have not been able to attend the interview woith the medical complete. I am just shocked.

tax return

I have the same problem.
I only have copies of some years, and nothing for 2002 except the W2.
I should have requested IRS a transcript of my returns for the past 3 year. It takes 2 weeks. It is free. I have not done it on time.
No idea what happens if you do not have all the tax returns. I understand the W2 is the most important as it shows the tax withholding. However, I have re-done the one I had missing. I had the information of my refund somewhere else. I did the return and the refund ended up being the same. So i guess I have duplicated the return exactly as the one I had sent.
That is all I can recommend. Just re-do it.
In any case, whether is a copy of the first one you did, or you do it now, it proves nothing. The only thing that proves you sent a tax return is the IRS transcript.
So, I assume that showing yourcopies of the returns is just for informative purposes. It does not prove you have actually ever sent those... The W2 proves you actually have paid taxes.

heynow said:
Hello,

I have my interview schedule in July'04.
What if i dont have copies of 1040 ? I have the W-2. I e-filed on couple of occasion, kindly help. This is urgent.

Thx
heynow