Any guidance from you in this situation would be great help.
1. My Current H1 is expiring on 03 Aug 12 but my current company has filed renewal and is still pending ( received receipt from USCIS ), Since my current project is cancelled there is a chance that I may loose job before my H1 Approval comes back from USCIS, What should I do in that case ? Can I change my job when my current renewal is pending.
2. Do I have to be a full time paid employee or can I be on unpaid leave of absence or only Paid Time off (PTO) till my H1 approval? Is unpaid leave of absence allowed for a one/two weeks and then I can start using my PTO?
3. In case of layoff does the company continue processing and can they give me H1 Approval receipt, how do I maintain my visa status in that case ? Do I have to go on any other visa till then ? which visa would it be easier to transfer back to H1 once I get new job offer ?
4. In case if I donít get the approval would that mean I have to apply for new H1 next year ?
5. In case I take an assignment overseas within my company would that affect the h1 processing in anyway ?
Your comments and suggestions would be really helpful to me.