I read some of the threads regarding the child birth outside the US soil but am still confused. I just need to clarify if my child can acquire an US citizenship after he/she is born outside US.
My wife and I live in Mexico due to my contract work and will not be able to go back to US permanently until the end of 2013. She is pregnant and will have a birth in December 2012 or January 2013.
- I am a US citizen and naturalized in 2009.
- I acquired my permanent residency in 2002 and have lived in US until January 2012.
- My wife is a Mexican citizen and a legal permanent resident.
In what forms can I prove the 5 year physical presence in US? I graduated from high school and college (both undergraduate and graduate degrees) in US. I have worked in US from 1999 to January 2012.
Here is a list of items I can present to meet the requirement:
- High school diplomat (3 years)
- College transcripts (4.5 years)
- Grad school transcripts (3 years)
- Federal tax transcripts for the past 4 years (2008 to 2011)
Should I prepare other documents in case?
Thank you in advance