Conditional green card living/working abroad
I am on a conditional green card, my two years will be up in about a year's time - February 2012. My wife who is a US citizen and I are contemplating about living and working abroad temporarily if feasible. I have been researching to see what our options are and hence this post. I did read about re-entry permits but it appears that it gets even more complicated given the conditional green card.
Has any one here on the forums been in a similar situation. Is there a way we could postpone the process without abandoning the green card?
The easiest thing to do would be to sit tight and enjoy our time here which we would do for sure but like always want to figure out if there is a decent fail-proof way around. Between our intention is definitely to return back to the states.
Appreciate your time.
DO - Washington DC
10/26/2010 - Day 00 - Sent I130, I485, I693, I864-EZ, I765, I131
11/02/2010 - Day 07 - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation by Emails
11/05/2010 - Day 10 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action by mail
11/19/2010 - Day 24 - LUD on I130, I765 and I131
12/16/2010 - Day 51 - Received Biometrics appt letter
12/20/2010 - Day 55 - Walkin biometrics
01/10/2011 - Day 76 - Received interview letter - scheduled for 2/14
02/14/2011 - Day 110 - Interview, GC Approved