So, my situation is as follows:
I am a 20 something female german citizen with a german passport who has been living and working in the US for the past 5 years on P1 working visas and/or the Visa Waiver Programm.
I never really had problems in the past but 3 weeks ago i was refused entry at the airport in the US.
It was the most horrible experience, the officers were just mean and treated me like a criminal, even though i have always stuck to the rules and never overstayed.
My last P1 visa expired in march 2010. i left the US and came back to germany but shortly after, returned on the Visa Waiver Programm. (Left my company and wasn't able to get another P at that time...) since the VWP lasts for only 90 days i returned in june, came right back, left in september, came right back again....and now, the third time, in december it happened. i was nervous about doing it back to back like that but i just thought that overstaying would be worse...i have an apartment there, a job, a boyfriend and everything i own....
although i have family here in germany this is not my home anymore and i just feel trapped, and very depressed.
now my job is has agreed to sponsor me and i am working on getting another visa, this time an O1, which my immigration lawyer is confident he will get approved for me. still i am worried.
First of all i had to do a sworn statement in which they asked weather or not i had been working in the past 6 months as a singer and i stated yes. (remember i was only there on VWP in the recent months.)
could this be an issue for me when i go to the interview?
Also, since the process takes time, maybe another month or longer, is there a way, another (maybe temporary)visa which i could get quick so i can go and take care of my bills, accommodate my dog, take care of the mess at my job that i have to clean up now that i have been gone longer than expected.. I don't have any money or clothes, i just need to be back like yesterday, every day being stuck here just makes things more complicated. and i don't wanna wait until my O visa is ready.
I was thinking of trying for an B1.. would that be hard with my status?
should i even attempt something else meanwhile?....