Does anyone know how realistic is to get a foreign nanny on H2B visa? Here is what I found at americannannyjobsDOTcom
- Applicant must have at least one year of experience as a household domestic worker.
- Applicant must be offered a full-time, permanent position in the US.
- The potential employer must apply for and receive approved Labor Certification from The Department of Labor.
- The employer must prove that your employment as a live in household worker is a business necessity.
- Employment offer must include a written contract and the wage paid must meet prevailing wage tests (for example no less than $7.04 per hour in Metro-DC or $281.60 for a 40 hour work week [5/1/2005]).
- All US employment law, including the payment of employment taxes, must be adhered to.
Is above still valid? If so, can anyone elaborate what "employment as a live in household worker is a business necessity" means?