A child born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen father may acquire U.S. citizenship under INA Section 301(g), as made applicable by INA Section 309(a) provided:
1. there is clear and convincing evidence of a blood relationship between the applicant and the father,
2. the father had United States nationality at the time of the applicant's birth,
3. the father, unless deceased, has agreed in writing to financially support the applicant until he or she reaches 18 years of age, and
4. while the applicant is under 18 years of age:
* the applicant is legitimated under the law of their residence or domicile,
* the father acknowledges paternity of the applicant in writing under oath, and
* the paternity of the applicant is established by adjudication.