I am currently working on an EAD.
My 485 has been pending since Jun 2006. My priority date is 2002 Oct.
In Jun 2008, I already switched jobs once on my EAD, 365 days after my 485 had become pending.
My current employer's attorney filed a G28 and AC-21 and responded to a USCIS RFE whether my current job classification was similar to the original classification that my Labor was filed under.
All said and done, its been nearly 2 years since I switched employers on my EAD.
Now since my current contracting assignment is coming to an end, I would like to switch employers again. I have the following questions. Clarifications would be greatly appreciated.
(1) When I switch employers, does USCIS automatically get notified that I have switched employers ?
(2) Is there any rule that I should notify USCIS immediately about my employer switch ?
(3) Can I wait for about 6 months before notifying USCIS that I switched employers. This is because depending on how my new assignment goes, I might continue with the new employer or if I am not happy with the job, I could further look for yet another new job and employer and switch. Only when I feel satisfied with the new job and feel that I would be able to stick with the new employer for a long time, I would notify USCIS that I have switched employers. Is this a feasible option or do I have to notify USCIS as soon as I switch employers regardless of whether I stay with them for a month or for several years ?
(4) The idea behind not notifying them immediately is to minimize the number of times on their radar that I have switched jobs while my 485 is pending. For example if I switch to a new employer B now, and donot like the position and so in a month's time find another job and switch to employer C, if I notify USCIS only after I switch to C, in their records I would have switched employers only twice (once to A and once to C) instead of the actual 3 times. Would it work this way ?
(5) Keeping my job classification same, if I switch employers several times on my EAD while my 485 is pending, does that jeopardize my greencard process ?
(6) Is there a limit on how many times one could switch employers using my EAD once my 485 has been pending for over 6 months ?
Your clarification on above 6 queries would be greatly appreciated.