Pre Qualification for PA
To get admission in MS PA course you must fulfill minimum following courses + GRE ofcourse TOEFL
1. Pre-Professional Prerequisites for MS (PA):
A. Life Sciences (12 semester hours minimum)
1. Must include 2 courses (8 semester hours total) in anatomy and physiology at the pre-med level or for science majors, including lab.
2. Must include a course in microbiology (3 semester hours minimum), preferably with a lab.
Additional courses include: Cell biology, cell physiology, embryology, endocrinology, genetics, histology, virology, immunology, molecular biology, neurobiology, bacteriology, and epidemiology.
B. Chemistry ( 12 semester hours minimum)
1. Must include the complete sequence (2-3 semesters) of general chemistry at the pre-med level or for science majors, including lab.
2. A course in organic or *biochemistry is also required.
C. Statistics (3 semester hours)
1. One introductory course in statistics.
D. Social Sciences (6 semester hours minimum)
1. Must include a course in general or introductory psychology.
2. Additional courses may include: developmental psychology, abnormal psychology, sociology, health care ethics or death and dying.
Most of the BHMS course does not teach basic sciences like micro biology, bio chemistry etc.
Your Materia Medica may not be recognized and helpful. You should start going to state university get credit for individaul courses with B or A grade even before applying a PA courses.
To go to medical school you no need to be US Citizen or green card holder but you must have done your pre-medical course with a BS (4 years ) degree in a US university - GPA at least 3.65 and good MCAT score.
Originally Posted by Samhita
IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.