How to upgrade a pending I-130 petition after becoming a US Citizen
I applied I-130 for my wife with my Green Card status. I will have my Citizenship Oath on September 17, 2008.
I want to upgrade the I-130 petition after the oath ceremony.
Please provide your experience on upgrading a pending I-130 petition after you became US Citizen.
1. Do I just call the 1-800-375-5283 number and tell them that I have become a US Citizen?
2. Should I fax CSC (949-389-3219) a letter requesting the status upgrade along with the copies of Naturalization Certificate, and I-130 Receipt Notice?
3. Should I send the letter and the copies of Naturalization Certificate, and I-130 Receipt Notice to the Chicago Lock Box for I-130?
4. Should I send the letter and the copies of Naturalization Certificate, and I-130 Receipt Notice to the CSC Mailing Address?
5. How do I follow up to verify that USCIS has updated the status in its system? Does USCIS send any confirmation letter after updating the status?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by COLOHIO; 30th August 2008 at 01:03 PM.
N-400 Sent: 02/08/2008
Receipt Date: 02/11/2008
Check Cashed: 02/12/2008
Notice Date: 02/17/2008
Finger Print Appointment in Columbus: 03/01/2008
Case Status Appeared Online: 03/05/2008
Interview Letter Notice Date: 05/20/2008
Interview Date in Cleveland: 07/18/2008, Passed the test. But IO said need to do further background check.
Oath Letter Received: 08/22/2008
Oath Date: 09/17/2008, Sylvania, Ohio. Proud US Citizen.
Passport Applied: 09/17/2008
Passport Received: 09/27/2008