Per Apr/2nd 2008 press release, FBI & USCIS announced a joint plan to eliminate the backlog of name checks pending with the FBI.
Are they really doing it? My case was filed in Sep'06, that means my name check will be completed by Nov'08. Is there anyone one whose name check was done according to their published timeline?
APR 2 2008 press release URL:
Published time lines.
1. May 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 3 yrs
2. July 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 2 yrs
3. Nov 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 1 yr
4. Feb 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
5. June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days
Thanks in advance for sharing your information.