Guys, I am preparing myself for I485 but worried if it will cause me more trouble. More I learnt from this forum the more I get worried. Now need serious suggestions...Let me explain in brief (I am sure it was discussed earlier?)
1. Entry to US: 2000 visa: Student F1
2. Worked 2 summer unauthorized + 3 months = 9 months paying tax on 2001 and 2002. (I couldnít support myself paying tuition and EAD not approved even though I had 10 hrs GA job at school with school authorization from 2000 to 2002).. I know I should never have done that. Itís my bad and ready to accept any consequences.
3. Worked on OPT (late 2002) and H1b Mid 2003 since then not a single hr of unauthorized employment or any status violation.
4. I was not a single day without valid visa in US so no 222(g) issue here.
5. Went to Canada for H1B around mid 2005 and got stamped successfully. (Did not disclose any status violation in DS156 (another bad, lying in federal document.. which I didnít realize until last month)
6. Now ready for I485?
Here are my questions...
1. Should I put every unauthorized employment in G-325A for I485? What are the consequences that I should expect?
2. If I donít disclose, how will they find out that I worked during those 9 months? Do they have Database link between IRS or FBI name check will find that out. Yes, I will not lie and do another mistake, but just curious.. Cause I donít think immigration database are any stronger then my Computer Database!. Just kidding..
3. Will I be covered and everything reset since I am out of country and came back last year? But I did lie on DS156 during H1B visa stamping.. Which means one way or another I am screwed and sure they will check how come I came clean?
So.. Bottom line.. Am I screwed? Should I not worry about filing I485 and stick with my H1B as long as I can.