I recently was able to get admission in a college and was able to get I-20 - Currently I am on Leave of Absence.
Now my question is what are my options -
1) Should I apply for the student visa immediately - That would mean changing my status from H1b to F1.
2) Can I wait for another 30 days (the period for which I will be on leave of absence) before applying for F1 and try to look for another job - because once I change my status from H1 to F1 then to change F1 back to H1 is a whole different story. But other wise If somehow I am able to find another job within the next 30 days or if my company\'s financial situation improves then I can still go for H1 B transfer which is a relatively easy process - So I would like to wait for another 30 days - tosee hw things turn out.
3) If I go for option 2 above than - how long can I hold my I-20 - i.e. if I am attending my classes as a full time student in this college - than can I hold on to my I-20 indefinately - or is it necessary that once you have I-20 you have to apply for student visa?
4) If I go for option 2 - and as a result I am not able to find another job and also my company\'s financial situation also does not improves - then can I apply for student visa at that time - i.e. after 30 days?
Please advice - I am in a weird situation right now - and I do not know what\'s the safest way out of this?
I will really appreciate your response