US Immigration forums hosted by the Law offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC for the community. We take no responsibility for the information presented here.

npdv15
npdv15
hi shoby. my number is 7XXX too. i also submitted ds260. i still haven't recieved notification from them though. as for now, i just follow this forum, look at spreadsheets and try to gather as much information about the process as I can. We won't be current until june/july next year so there's not much to worry about at this point.
shoby
shoby
I got an e-mail from KCC around 2 weeks ago telling me that ..thanks for planning to do AOS...apply at USCIS after your number becomes current...bla bla..also attached a copy of file that has instructions about how to pay DV fee.. As you mentioned our number will be current around june/july..I am wondering if we will have enough time to go thro AOS. approaching to 50,000.
shoby
shoby
Finger crossed!! good luck to both of us. Do you know how many ppl from nepal selected for DV program for this year? They will only provide visa to (7% for each country)at most 3500 people.
npdv15
npdv15
hey, hadn't checked the forum for a while. i had done a lot of research/math when i first found out but have forgotten most things now, lol. i think we should be fine as long as we don't make mistakes and it doesn't take unusually long at our FO.
npdv15
npdv15
the most relevant information IMO is that Nepal has reached a cutoff in the visa bulletin at 8950 or something. Hopefully it'll stay the same roughly and we won't be affected in that case as well.
npdv15
npdv15
btw, still haven't received my 2NL :(
shoby
shoby
Thanx frn...What is 2NL supposed to be? When do you think is the right time to pay the DV fee ..lets say if our number will get current in may...? Is there any documents that we can start to prepare for now? may be..birth certificate from nepal or even medical report ..or so. I would be happy to know what docs u have been preparing during this time ..thanks a lot!
npdv15
npdv15
it is an email from KCC which confirms the receipt of your DS-260. That's about it. Yes you can start preparing documents from Nepal I suppose, specially if its something that takes time. I don't know all the details so you should consult the spreadsheet they keep referring to. haha.