Early application of L1-A or L1-B visa

rgirish

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I was in the US for 6 years (multiple companies) and unfortunately my green card filing did not take place.

My company moved me to UK for 1 year. This term of 1 year is coming to an end on March 31st, 2004.

My Company is ready to make my L1 visa. The issue is this:
Different people have mentioned contradictory things basically, some say you have to wait for 1 year to be completed before a new L1 visa application can be applied. Some say it is not required but an L1 visa application can be filed with a future date in mind like April 15th, 2004.

Could somebody shed some light on this.

Thanks
-Girish

I am in the same boat. However, I am leaving for India next week and am trying to see if I can get back in 6 months based on blanket L1. Do you know if it is possible?

Girish,
I was under same impression that L1 could be filed with post 365 days as effective date. But, it is my law firm's contention that consulate/processing center would need proof of having stayed outside US for 365 days. So, it can ONLY be done on the 366th day. Unforunate but seems logical. I can understand your concerns of having to wait for another 2-3 months from app/file date to approval.

qj123
If you had spent the slated 6 yrs on Hx/Lx then it is "madatory" that you spend 365 days outside. The 6 month clause is for one who does not come under the "term max out" purview. I tried as well. Don't back down based on my input but do chk. w/ your counsel.

I think you are right on the 365 day issue. WWW. immihelp.com states that you can use 6 month option but in that case you will have to go thru LC process under L1A. So it really does not help. I would rather stay out for 365 days and then apply and get faster processing for GC!

Sometimes, I wonder as to why I got attached to this part of the world when everything I want is back home!

I couldn't any greater with you on the "wanting/wish to be home". Even w/ the recent increased high tech opportunities home is sweet home.

Good choice to stay home for 365 days and soak in as much family time as possible.

I waited 370 days to apply for the L1 visa and I was approved.

Thanks for all your input.

-Girish

Glad it all worked fine in your case. I hope my stamping should come through in the mail shortly, hopefully w/o any glitches.

Good Luck w/ the relocation.