Visitors travel

babu rao

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We have filed extension for my mothers visa, we are planning to go some by flight.

My question.

\'I heard that we need to show the passport for domestic travel,
for extension we sent the original I-94 and we received a notice (I think I-797) from INS, is it OK if we travel? any experiences / suggestions.

Thanks

Babu

man be careful

if u extend stay it may affect future trips to USA.

Try getting a photo ID from DMV ( this looks like a licence, but is just a photo ID)

No Title

Hi Babu,
I was in a similar situation and yes the I-797 would suffice and also they never ask for it at the airports. All they need is a valid passport. If they do ask, this is a document issued by the INS and it should suffice.

V

If you have any plans of traveling abroad it is absolutely imperative that get yourself visitor travel insurance which will ensure that you are covered for the period of time when you are out of your country. After all we are human beings and you can never say when your health can fail or when you can be a victim of an accident during your trip abroad. The last thing you would want is to be burdened with unexpected expenses especially when you are away from home ground.