• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi again,

I have a quick question, do we need to inform USCIS about the change of phone number?

Many thanks,
Jord!

Sorry to bother. Along with the interview letter we received a list of recommended documents to take to the interview. They mention: copy of all the documents previously submitted.
My question is, do I need to actually take copies or only the originals?

Thank you.
Congrats. Would you be able please to share the list of recommended docs? Thank you in advance

Hi
DV2018
Do I need to fill out supplement A to I-485 ?

Many thanks
Supplement A is used when you're trying to adjust status under INA 245(i), which roughly translates to: even if you entered the U.S. unlawfully or overstayed your immigration status, there are certain laws and conditions that allow you to be eligible for AOS. If you're here legally and didn't overstay any visa, that doesn't concern you.

Hi Mom,

Yes, after the submission.

Thank you in advance!
Jord!

There’s no formal requirement I know of regarding a change in phone number update. However considering the fact that it’s not unusual for the IO to call a petition and provide interview information over the phone, I suggest calling the 1800 USCIS number. Request they update your phone number and hopefully they will be able to do that.

There’s no formal requirement I know of regarding a change in phone number update. However considering the fact that it’s not unusual for the IO to call a petition and provide interview information over the phone, I suggest calling the 1800 USCIS number. Request they update your phone number and hopefully they will be able to do that.
Thank you Mom!

Hi,

It has been over 6 weeks since I sent DV administrative fee and I still have not received my receipt. I called my bank and they confirmed that the check was successfully cashed by department of state. I talked to my lawyer and she said that it is better to sent the package now and you can always send a receipt after.

What do you think I should do? Is there any other way to contact department of state to ask about the status of my receipt?

Thank you very much.

You’re not getting “government money”, you are using your earned income to get tax credit, which if it turns out you owe more than you’ve estimated by the time you file your annual income tax you’ll be paying anyways. So the answer is no, it does not constitute being a public charge.

And what about the Cost Sharing Reduction for Silver Plans? Would that be considered public charge?
Thank you.

Hi everybody,

Has anybody listed freelance in I-485 employment history section? I worked as a freelancer for only one company for two months, then I was hired on W2 by the same company. What information should I write in previous employer section (title, address, name of the company) for the time I was a freelancer? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Mom,

Sorry for bothering you but I'm afraid my question got lost in the thread. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Hi,

It has been over 6 weeks since I sent DV administrative fee and I still have not received my receipt. I called my bank and they confirmed that the check was successfully cashed by department of state. I talked to my lawyer and she said that it is better to sent the package now and you can always send a receipt after.

What do you think I should do? Is there any other way to contact department of state to ask about the status of my receipt?

Thank you very much.

Did you include a SAE with the payment?

Yes it is possible to mail the package without the payment receipt, but it is preferable to include it. And your lawyer’s suggestion about mailing it in after isn’t quite right. You don’t send a missing document without receiving an RFE first. Any document sent without an RFE receipt will not make its way to your package.

Anyway, you can email KCC and request for them to email a copy of the payment receipt.

Hi @Sm1smom , please help with issue we are facing!
Just as a recap, I have been posting in this thread and other threads on this site about DV lottery, and few months back I mentioned my plans to proceed with DV2018.
So I and my fiance got married in October, she has been studying in college. Unfortunately for us, she has failed one of the classes with letter FX. The college is Houston Community College, where if you get grade FX it means they terminate your i20. At this point we have two options, it's either do reinstatement after termination which is in 3 days, or convince the instructor to change her opinion. It's probably going to be the termination. Now the issue is, if she gets terminated meaning she will be out of status. I don't know much about the reinstatement process through the same college, but I believe it won't be fast enough to be processed before filing AOS.

1) First question would be, can we will AOS while her reinstatement is still pending? What will happen if we get GC before the reinstatement is done?
2) International Student Office told that if we start reinstatement process, she will be able to enroll to the college. So do you think having to face such issue will in anyway cause a problem in obtaining the GC?
Your answers are greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Hi @Sm1smom , please help with issue we are facing!
Just as a recap, I have been posting in this thread and other threads on this site about DV lottery, and few months back I mentioned my plans to proceed with DV2018.
So I and my fiance got married in October, she has been studying in college. Unfortunately for us, she has failed one of the classes with letter FX. The college is Houston Community College, where if you get grade FX it means they terminate your i20. At this point we have two options, it's either do reinstatement after termination which is in 3 days, or convince the instructor to change her opinion. It's probably going to be the termination. Now the issue is, if she gets terminated meaning she will be out of status. I don't know much about the reinstatement process through the same college, but I believe it won't be fast enough to be processed before filing AOS.

1) First question would be, can we will AOS while her reinstatement is still pending? What will happen if we get GC before the reinstatement is done?
2) International Student Office told that if we start reinstatement process, she will be able to enroll to the college. So do you think having to face such issue will in anyway cause a problem in obtaining the GC?
Your answers are greatly appreciated?

Thanks

I’m sorry I’m unable provide any useful guidance in this case or answer any of the questions you’re asking. My guidance on this thread is limited to the DV based AOS process for straightforward case.

Hi everybody,

I wonder to show the amount in the bank account, do we need to get a letter from the bank?
Is such a kind of letter acceptable by USCIS? If so, what should be stated in the letter?

Best,
Jord