• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hello everyone, my husband and I received the interview letters today, we must present on January 10th with 1 hour difference. Is this normal? Can we request to be interviewed together?

That’s great. Congratulations. You’ll both be interviewed together. The different times listed is for administrative purpose. All the best!

Hello everyone, my husband and I received the interview letters today, we must present on January 10th with 1 hour difference. Is this normal? Can we request to be interviewed together?
Congrats! , Here's hoping mine gets scheduled around the same time so I don't miss out on my holiday trip haha

Sorry to bother. Along with the interview letter we received a list of recommended documents to take to the interview. They mention: copy of all the documents previously submitted.
My question is, do I need to actually take copies or only the originals?

Thank you.

Sorry to bother. Along with the interview letter we received a list of recommended documents to take to the interview. They mention: copy of all the documents previously submitted.
My question is, do I need to actually take copies or only the originals?

Thank you.
I would bring all your originals and maybe a copy of your application in case they decide to go over the questions

The most important thing is for KCC to know/understand you’re switching to CP. If you know for certain KCC is Now aware of the switch, you can leave the address as is.
Thank you! They are definitely aware of the switch. They replied to my email as follows: "Based on the information you have provided, your interview location has been changed from adjustment of status to Moscow. The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes."
At the same time, they unlocked my DS-260 for some reason. So I thought that this reason could be that I had to change my permanent address to some local address in Russia to support my switch of the process.

Hi everybody,

I wonder if I can use the graduate assistant ship contract as the evidence of financial support?
Do you think the amount, a graduate student get, is enough?along with 15k in the bank account?
Do I still need to have a sponsor?

Thank you for your comments in advance!
Jord!

Hi everybody,

I wonder if I can use the graduate assistant ship contract as the evidence of financial support?
Do you think the amount, a graduate student get, is enough?along with 15k in the bank account?
Do I still need to have a sponsor?

Thank you for your comments in advance!
Jord!
I am on the graduate assistantship and I included I-134 Affidavit of Support.

Hello Mom and everyone,
the DS-260, which I am about to submit, asks about other addresses "Begin with your address immediately before your current address."
I have been living in the same US address since the time I submitted the DV Lottery entry. However, during that time, I spent a 2-month-summer-vacation in my home country at my parents'.
1 - Do I need to include that address? I am not sure because (a) it's vacation and then it's (b) not before current address, it's rather within/in parallel, as my lease was not interrupted.
2. But also I am thinking (c) the IO can verify that I was outside the US for 2 months, which might not qualify as a short/temporary stay/vacation. does it?

Thanks for your advice/suggestion..

Hello Mom and everyone,
the DS-260, which I am about to submit, asks about other addresses "Begin with your address immediately before your current address."
I have been living in the same US address since the time I submitted the DV Lottery entry. However, during that time, I spent a 2-month-summer-vacation in my home country at my parents'.
1 - Do I need to include that address? I am not sure because (a) it's vacation and then it's (b) not before current address, it's rather within/in parallel, as my lease was not interrupted.
2. But also I am thinking (c) the IO can verify that I was outside the US for 2 months, which might not qualify as a short/temporary stay/vacation. does it?

Thanks for your advice/suggestion..

Stop overthinking this. Yes you were outside the US for 2months, you could have been anywhere for the duration of your trip. A vacation is a vacation, regardless of if you stayed at your parents’ house or at some hotel.

If I take advantage of credits at the marketplace to reduce my monthly health insurance premiums, would that be a problem during the AOS interview? Could they consider it like a public charge? I would do it for 2018 and I'm a DV lottery winner 2018.
Thank you.

If I take advantage of credits at the marketplace to reduce my monthly health insurance premiums, would that be a problem during the AOS interview? Could they consider it like a public charge? I would do it for 2018 and I'm a DV lottery winner 2018.
Thank you.

You’re not getting “government money”, you are using your earned income to get tax credit, which if it turns out you owe more than you’ve estimated by the time you file your annual income tax you’ll be paying anyways. So the answer is no, it does not constitute being a public charge.

Hi everybody,

Has anybody listed freelance in I-485 employment history section? I worked as a freelancer for only one company for two months, then I was hired on W2 by the same company. What information should I write in previous employer section (title, address, name of the company) for the time I was a freelancer? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hi mom and everyone,
I had my infopass today. and the officer I talked with said that my file is already here and my application is waiting to be scheduled for an interview. When I asked him whether the background check has been cleared or not, he said yes since your application is ready for schedule it means that all the back ground checks have been cleared. Is that a valid statement?? I mean I have read here that some cases were even interviewed in the past but they did not receive a decision because their background check was not done yet.

Hi mom and everyone,
I had my infopass today. and the officer I talked with said that my file is already here and my application is waiting to be scheduled for an interview. When I asked him whether the background check has been cleared or not, he said yes since your application is ready for schedule it means that all the back ground checks have been cleared. Is that a valid statement?? I mean I have read here that some cases were even interviewed in the past but they did not receive a decision because their background check was not done yet.

Well you can choose to believe the IO, or not. Each FO is free to follow their own procedures.

Hi mom and everyone,

I can’t validate what the IO told you, and yes it’s true some have been interviewed with pending background checks. There’s really nothing you can do about what they told you even if it turns out to not be true.