DUI and Citizenship - Very worried..Can't sleep

Just give some possitive advice this man.. infact we dont knw wut is the verdict for this case..let the Imm. decide wut ever is gonna be..

gudluck...

Just give some possitive advice this man.. infact we dont knw wut is the verdict for this case..let the Imm. decide wut ever is gonna be..

gudluck...

Unfortunately there isn't always positive advice to be given. The best I can think of in this situation, is "apply again once the conviction rolls outside the 5yr CIMT window".

Update on my case:
My appeal did not fail. It succeeded. They reopened my case. But my finger prints were expired. On 12/12/07, I went and got my fingerprints done. But I haven't received anything from USCIS yet. Should I be worried?

:) Good news, cjoshi!! Hang in there, it is barely 2 months since the 2nd fingerprinting, and with the backlog processing, it's not much wait. You should get your interview letter or possibly oath letter within the next few weeks.

Please post your full timeline.

I've already had my interview in 2007. I know sounds weird, but when you go through the following list, you will know what I am saying

April 2006 - Applied for Naturalization (N400)
June 2006 - Had my fingerprints
July 2006 - Got my DUI in VA- 1st offense
Sept 2006 - Got officially convicted - Start of Probation
Jan 2007 - Had my interview - passed it. I was informed that because of the conviction they can't make decision right now. The Immigration Officer asked for all the paper work. He gave me 30 days to submit it.
Feb 2007 - Mailed all the court paper work
July 2007 - Got letter in mail saying that the citizenship is denied because I am on probation. Also accompanying was N336 form for the appeal
July 2007 - Filled the N336 form and submitted with check of $265.
Aug 2007 (2 days ago) - Got letter in mail saying I have an "interview" with Immigration Officer. Interview is on Oct 30 2007
Sept 2007 - Probation Ended
Oct 2007 - Had Interview. She reopened the case, but fingerprints were expired.
Dec 2007 - Had fingerprints.

Waiting for further letter from USCIS

Got my appointment letter for oath yesterday... Oath is on 3/28

Hey, I'll be the first to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!! I am glad things have worked out for you. Did you end up hiring and bring a lawyer with you to the 2nd interview (appeal)?

No nothing...I called up a reputed lawyer in VA, and explained him my case. I asked him if I needed to hire one, and he said NO. I am good.

Became proud American Citizen on 3/28/08.....

Word of advice: Drink. Drive. But DON'T Drink & Drive.

Hello Everyone,
This is the chronological order of how things happened.

April 2006 - Applied for Naturalization (N400)
June 2006 - Had my fingerprints
July 2006 - Got my DUI in VA- 1st offense
Sept 2006 - Got officially convicted - Start of Probation
Jan 2007 - Had my interview - passed it. I was informed that because of the conviction they can't make decision right now. The Immigration Officer asked for all the paper work. He gave me 30 days to submit it.
Feb 2007 - Mailed all the court paper work
July 2007 - Got letter in mail saying that the citizenship is denied because I am on probation. Also accompanying was N336 form for the appeal
July 2007 - Filled the N336 form and submitted with check of $265.
Aug 2007 (2 days ago) - Got letter in mail saying I have an "interview" with Immigration Officer. Interview is on Oct 30 2007

Sept 2007 - Probation Ends
Oct 2007 - Date of Interview

I'm very worried as to what's going to happen now? From reading the posts I know that I won't be deported for 1st Offense. I've paid all the fines. Served two days in jail. Completed ASAP and AA meetings. I'm only driving on restricted license. Do I need to take a lawyer with me? I'm extremely worried.

What's the likely outcome of this. Remember I had already filed for naturalization before getting my DUI
Hi, there I don't know if you can helped me with this, it's been a very long time now since you posted this. I just found your artical and I got a memeber of family mine had similar situation as your. I got some questions you did hired an American lawyer after this happened ? would you mind sent me a message who's should I contact. It's very hard to find a very good a lawer immigration that has not a dollar sign. Also, on his case the paper denied that he's has to wait 5 years and apply for American citizen again. Thank you very much