• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

There shouldn’t be.

Hi all, I want to ask a question about deadline of the application of visa.

My gf won diversity visa 2018. We have been together nearly 5 years but we did not get married. In order to get benefit from this dv both me and my gf, we should have to get married before we got interview or fill dv 260. (that's some of the people tell us so Im not pretty sure)

My question is ; how much time do we have to fill ds 260 ? and I hope we did not miss the chance of this dv visa. Another important point, shall we get married before filling the dv 260 ? or after ?

Actually we won the dv but we did not do anything for that. It sounds weird to me. My gf says always ; you should not have to worry we have time to apply.

Thank you for interest :)

Hi all, I want to ask a question about deadline of the application of visa.

My gf won diversity visa 2018. We have been together nearly 5 years but we did not get married. In order to get benefit from this dv both me and my gf, we should have to get married before we got interview or fill dv 260. (that's some of the people tell us so Im not pretty sure)

My question is ; how much time do we have to fill ds 260 ? and I hope we did not miss the chance of this dv visa. Another important point, shall we get married before filling the dv 260 ? or after ?

Actually we won the dv but we did not do anything for that. It sounds weird to me. My gf says always ; you should not have to worry we have time to apply.

Thank you for interest :)

Get married, fill and submit the DS260 forms, wait to be scheduled for an interview. You haven’t missed the chance to submit the DS260 form, but the sooner you get married and submit the forms, the better.

Get married, fill and submit the DS260 forms, wait to be scheduled for an interview. You haven’t missed the chance to submit the DS260 form, but the sooner you get married and submit the forms, the better.
oh really thank you! ♥ but im really wondering ; how much time do we have ? and why do yo think that it would be better to apply sooner ?

My message was moved there by the way, i did not know where should I write my question for this reason im sorry.

oh really thank you! ♥ but im really wondering ; how much time do we have ? and why do yo think that it would be better to apply sooner ?

My message was moved there by the way, i did not know where should I write my question for this reason im sorry.

You only have until Sept 2018 to get allocated with an immigrant visa. It is possible for visas to run out before the end of Sept. 2018. If you read your girlfriends selectee notification letter, you will see where they wrote there are more selectees than available visas - being selected does not guarantee a visa. And you’ve not even given any indication of what your CN is to help us know if your CN is already current or not.

In addition to what sm1smom said above, it takes time for them to process the DS260 before they can assign you for an interview. You probably need time to arrange a wedding, then (depending on your case number) it will take minimum 2 and probably more months before the DS is processed and an interview is scheduled. So yes you have time, but you do not have endless amounts of time. The results were announced in May, and it is already November. So you have already let over 6 months pass without doing anything about this.

Mom and Susie have already given you good advice, but let me add some idea of timeline. Given that visas will run out this year, you would be wise to submit your DS260 no later than the end of April. So - as stated above, get married, THEN submit the DS260 and do it in the next few months.

Hello everyone,

A question about the process after winning : Before the interview, does the embassy do some investigations and checks for each winner? If you, when do they investigate and who do they contact?
Thanks a lot

Hello everyone,

A question about the process after winning : Before the interview, does the embassy do some investigations and checks for each winner? If you, when do they investigate and who do they contact?
Thanks a lot

Embassies do not initiate background checks prior to the interview. The initial check is done by KCC. Additional checks are conducted after the interview following the capture of a petitioner’s finger/thumb prints. If necessary at this point, the embassy may also conduct an on the ground check. They contact anybody they deem necessary.

Embassies do not initiate background checks prior to the interview. The initial check is done by KCC. Additional checks are conducted after the interview following the capture of a petitioner’s finger/thumb prints. If necessary at this point, the embassy may also conduct an on the ground check. They contact anybody they deem necessary.
Thank you mom, do you know what kind of checks KCC do?

If i have a sponsor do i still have to bring 20.000$ to CO or would the sponsor be enough?

Well, congratulations on suddenly being able to save a large amount of money...

I'm an IT graduate with zero savings lol,

Just so you know, if your bank statement goes from zero to hero in a short space of time it makes them suspicious.

But back to the latest question, either should be fine, in either case don’t offer the information unless it is asked for.

Hi everyone, i´m a 2018 selectee and i have the following doubts:

- I submitted the DS-260 form through the Consular Electronic Application Center Web site on June 26th, and due to they already have not sent me the interview notification letter yet i decided to check again my application and found the following massege when i tried to open my application "The application has been submitted for this application. It will be reviewed once your civil documents have been submitted." (please check the referencial image).

So, my doubts are:

- Should i send some documentation to the consular center o embassy to continue the process?

- In that case, which is the dead line to send the documentation?

- Which kind of civil documentation should i send?

PD: My Case Number is 2018SA000013xx, does that number have something to be wihth that?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Douglas Bonomie

Attachments

• doubts about application.JPG
    doubts about application.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi everyone, i´m a 2018 selectee and i have the following doubts:

- I submitted the DS-260 form through the Consular Electronic Application Center Web site on June 26th, and due to they already have not sent me the interview notification letter yet i decided to check again my application and found the following massege when i tried to open my application "The application has been submitted for this application. It will be reviewed once your civil documents have been submitted." (please check the referencial image).

So, my doubts are:

- Should i send some documentation to the consular center o embassy to continue the process?

- In that case, which is the dead line to send the documentation?

- Which kind of civil documentation should i send?

PD: My Case Number is 2018SA000013xx, does that number have something to be wihth that?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Douglas Bonomie

1. No. You take your documents along to the interview, except in the case of a few embassies who require for the documents to be sent in advance. Your embassy will let you know if that’s the case with you.

2. See 1 above.

3. Your DV selectee notification letter has some links, one of them will take you to a page that lists the required documents. Go over the links.

4. Your CN determines when you’ll become current and scheduled for an interview. SA13xx is not yet current. As a matter of fact, it has a long way to go before it becomes current.

Hi Everyone !
I was selected for 2018 diversity, I have a pretty good case number (22***) and I sent my datas just after the bug the KCC had after the opening.
However, I have one question: I'll need to reopen my case to change my adress, the place I work, the country, and the ambassy I would like to have the meeting too. What happens to my case ? It will be back down the stack or it basically changes not a thing?

Thank you very much for your precious help !
Maxime