Visiting home for the first time in 15 years

My_wayz

I came to USA as a kid but never visited India ever. Now I am all grown up and want to visit India. I wanted to know how to go about this and how to obtain things like Aadhar card.

Also another question is that I have a brand new Indian passport which I renewed from USA. Since I did not ever travel anywhere, I do not have any I-94 or any record on there. It is basically totally fresh new passport. Is it fine to carry a brand new passport without any stamp with green card or is there any such thing which needs to be on passport. Sorry I am asking this as this will be my first time in India.

Thank You

You sure you're not a US citizen? Did your parents ever naturalise before you turned 18? If so you might have become a US citizen. If yes, you can get a visa or OCI.

If not, you can go to India freely and return within six months ideally with your passport and green card.

You sure you're not a US citizen? Did your parents ever naturalise before you turned 18? If so you might have become a US citizen. If yes, you can get a visa or OCI.

If not, you can go to India freely and return within six months ideally with your passport and green card.

Thanks for the reply. My parents were on Eb3 category and had to wait long before they got green card, so I being dependent then had to wait too. I came to the country as 10 year old .

Ah ok so you can't yet apply for citizenship. Then, you can go and return freely with your GC. Again, don't stay out too long. Up to six months is completely fine, and between six months and a year is generally OK, but it's better to avoid if you can. Of course there are ways to stay even longer, but I don't know what your purpose for traveling is.

Ah ok so you can't yet apply for citizenship. Then, you can go and return freely with your GC. Again, don't stay out too long. Up to six months is completely fine, and between six months and a year is generally OK, but it's better to avoid if you can. Of course there are ways to stay even longer, but I don't know what your purpose for traveling is.

USA is home no but ya purpose of going to India is just to visit for couple of months. Thanks for your detailed response. Very helpful.

Thanks