• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Ok, so as I understand my I20 is ok even if I submit DS260 form or send the AOS package. Now what happens if go to the interview and I don't get the green card? Or my package is rejected? Can I still continue my school, extend my I20 and apply for CPT and OPT and act like nothing ever happened?
I talked with admission manager today and I am not sure if I understand everything, but she said that when I apply for AOS, she will know about this because somebody from USCIS will call her. Is that true?
Sorry for asking for all of it, I know it's propably frustrating for you to answer all of this questions again and again. I just want to make sure what do I risk applying for AOS, I already spent a lot of money for my school and I don't want to lose my F1, I20 or opportunity for CPT or OPT.

Yes answering the same set of questions over and over again IS both frustrating and irritating. I don’t have the time for it. I’ve already answered your questions. If your AOS package gets rejected, you file again; assuming there’s enough time to do so before the end of the FY. If your AOS petition gets denied for some reason, or you’re not approved by the end of the FY, you continue with your student status, assuming you’ve not violated it by using an AOS based AP/EAD card.

Your admission officer LIED! I’ve already discussed my recommendation on how students processing AOS should handle their school’s involment. But feel free to continue to involve your school and relying on what they say.

Hello,

I'm planning to do AOS and my question is regarding the tax documents that is suppose to send in a package for AOS.
I'm here is USA in F1 status, every year I file the tax, however in 2015 I have mistakenly filled non alien tax return file 1040 instead of 1040NR. Will there be any kinds of impact during my DV approval with this mistake? I have asked to the lawyer, they said not a big issue. Will be really helpful if I get some suggestion regarding this issue.
Thank you so much.

Hi, i have a question regarding the i-485 supporting documents tax return. I'm a selectee with AS5**** F1 student and I hire an accountant to do the tax return to me and I just checked today he did the 1040 form not the 1040NR. Will this affect the decision? and do you have any suggestions about how to fix this? Thank you very much.
I appreciate your answer. I will try to find the solution for this and post for more information.

Hello!!
I have similar condition like yours could you please let me know if there are any consequences if we filled wrong tax form. Thank you so much for your time

Hello!!
I have similar condition like yours could you please let me know if there are any consequences if we filled wrong tax form. Thank you so much for your time

Hi,

What I did is, I filed the form 1040X to amend my return and change the form 1040 to 1040NR. The process takes roughly 3 months to process. I do not know the impact of filing the wrong form to the DV lottery application, but I would like to correct things first and minimize the risk to my application. (plus no one wants to mess with IRS). Good luck!

Hi,

What I did is, I filed the form 1040X to amend my return and change the form 1040 to 1040NR. The process takes roughly 3 months to process. I do not know the impact of filing the wrong form to the DV lottery application, but I would like to correct things first and minimize the risk to my application. (plus no one wants to mess with IRS). Good luck!
Thank you for your answer..

Yes answering the same set of questions over and over again IS both frustrating and irritating. I don’t have the time for it. I’ve already answered your questions. If your AOS package gets rejected, you file again; assuming there’s enough time to do so before the end of the FY. If your AOS petition gets denied for some reason, or you’re not approved by the end of the FY, you continue with your student status, assuming you’ve not violated it by using an AOS based AP/EAD card.

Your admission officer LIED! I’ve already discussed my recommendation on how students processing AOS should handle their school’s involment. But feel free to continue to involve your school and relying on what they say.
Thank you very much!

Hello,
As my case is current in October, I submitted my AOS on October 6th 2017. Later I realized that I forget to mention all address in US where I lived during the last five year. But I put that information on Form G-325. I am little stressed thinking this might affect the processing of AOS. Its almost 2 weeks and I haven't got any notification on text/email on the status. Will this affect the processing? Will they send RFE on this kind of situation?

Hello,
As my case is current in October, I submitted my AOS on October 6th 2017. Later I realized that I forget to mention all address in US where I lived during the last five year. But I put that information on Form G-325. I am little stressed thinking this might affect the processing of AOS. Its almost 2 weeks and I haven't got any notification on text/email on the status. Will this affect the processing? Will they send RFE on this kind of situation?

Why did you include form G-325 in your AOS package. It is not a required form.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/diversity-visa

Supporting Evidence for Form I-485

Submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/diversity-visa

Supporting Evidence for Form I-485

Submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:

It would have been better if you asked me directly why I was asking the previous poster about the G-325 form inclusion rather than try show me what I obviously would have seen considering the amount of time I spend answering questions here.

FYI, that form is no longer required with the new I-485, and it's no longer listed on the AOS process spreadsheet either:

What’s New? USCIS improved Form I-485 to include:
  • The questions about biographic information (Form G-325A) so applicants will no longer need to file a separate form;
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-introduces-redesigned-form-green-card-applicants

Sm1smom
yes, I see. It'so weird that instructions and requirements found on USCIS website often contradict each other.

Of course, I don't know why
Sanjupokhara included this form, but when I talked with the officer in my FO, he suggested to include everything (G-325 for instance), even the documents that are not required at all.

Sm1smom
yes, I see. It'so weird that instructions and requirements found on USCIS website often contradict each other.

Of course, I don't know why
Sanjupokhara included this form, but when I talked with the officer in my FO, he suggested to include everything (G-325 for instance), even the documents that are not required at all.

Yes you don’t know why the OP included the form, but you didn’t wait for him to answer either. Your listing all the stuff you did above, including providing the link seems to me like you felt it was required.

It’s really not that weird in this specific case. The new I-485 was only released a couple of months ago, they haven’t gotten around to updating all the different sites where the old information was listed. And that may be the case with the IO you also saw. It’s possible you visited the IO you saw does not adjudicate AOS cases and hasn’t seen the new form, or your visited your FO before the form got updated.

Thank you for your information. When I saw the list of forms to be submitted with I 485 , I felt like it was required so I include G-325 A in my package. The good news is that I received the text/mail notification about acceptance of case. The checks are also cashed. Will NBC send RFI if they need more information on Address History?

Thank you for your information. When I saw the list of forms to be submitted with I 485 , I felt like it was required so I include G-325 A in my package. The good news is that I received the text/mail notification about acceptance of case. The checks are also cashed. Will NBC send RFI if they need more information on Address History?

No the NBC does not send out RFIs to DV based AOSers.

Hi Sm1smom,

My wife is a 2018 DV winner, and we are planning to do AOS. She used to live in a state "A" and has a valid (up to 2020) Driver's License (DL) from that state, and I live in another state "B". Now from past few months we live together in my state "B" and we want to file AOS from my state "B".

Do you think she needs to change her DL to my state "B" ?

We plan to move to state "A" as soon as we get our GCs.

Thank you very much for your time.

Hi Sm1smom,

My wife is a 2018 DV winner, and we are planning to do AOS. She used to live in a state "A" and has a valid (up to 2020) Driver's License (DL) from that state, and I live in another state "B". Now from past few months we live together in my state "B" and we want to file AOS from my state "B".

Do you think she needs to change her DL to my state "B" ?

We plan to move to state "A" as soon as we get our GCs.

Thank you very much for your time.

No she doesn't need a new driver's license from State B for the purpose of completing the AOS process.

Hi, I have a quick question. I tried searching for an answer in the spreadsheet or online but didn't find anything.

When should I pay the USCIS fee? I know and see the clear instructions for the DV fee, but not for the 1250$ USCIS?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I have a quick question. I tried searching for an answer in the spreadsheet or online but didn't find anything.

When should I pay the USCIS fee? I know and see the clear instructions for the DV fee, but not for the 1250$ USCIS?

Thanks a lot!
You should put the check in your AOS package.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 1.46.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 1.46.20 PM.png
    543.9 KB · Views: 22