TN renewal problem

Hotsummer2017

I am a Canadian citizen working in US as an computer system analyst with TN for the last 10 years. I reapplied my TN at the Mexican border 3 years ago without any issues. My current TN expired at the end of August so I applied renewal by mail to the Vermont center about a month ago. Yesterday I received a letter from USCIS asking for a detailed job description and college transcript. My problem is, my applied science master degree is in industrial engineering with some computer courses. I looked at the requirements for education credential for a system analyst is to have a computer science degree which I don't have it. Do I have a chance to have a renewal, any suggestion or idea is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

You could either withdraw the petition and go to the border and get new TN, or you can answer the RFE, wait for the decision, and if unfavourable, then go to the border.

You are presenting the same evidence you always have, so you shouldn't have to worry, eventually you will get your TN.

You could either withdraw the petition and go to the border and get new TN, or you can answer the RFE, wait for the decision, and if unfavourable, then go to the border.

You are presenting the same evidence you always have, so you shouldn't have to worry, eventually you will get your TN.

nelsona,

Thank you for your answer. I have never been asked for transcript and never been questioned my education credential before, and they asked my transcript now which made me little worried. I will answer their requests and wait for their decision.

Thanks again!

Alex

I would have chosen the other option, but we'll see.
At the border you would have simply done as you always have.

The only problem for me to go to the Mexican border is, if I am denied the TN, I won't be able to comeback to the US right away.
Maybe I should go to Canada border instead.

Sorry for the late responding, I just got my TN from San Diego/Mexico border the day before yesterday without any problem. Thank you all the help from this board, especially to Nelsona!

Alex

I got one more question. I got my TN from Mexican border, but I haven't withdrew my TN extension petition from USCIS. Will this be a problem for me.

Thanks again!

It could be. Say your TN is denied by USCIS for some reason. This would become the "last action" on your status, overriding the one you got at the border. Best practice is to withdraw any mail-ins immediately after you get status at the border.

You don't *have to*, but you can certainly mention it as the reason you are withdrawing it.