I completely forgot to mention about a trip I did after N400 submission in the interview.

israelito3000

I had the interview today and they give the congratulation letter, but now arriving at home I realized that I completely forgot to mention about a short trip I did at the beginning of this year. What should I do? Should I mention it at the oath ?

The question is did you misrepresent to the officer? To be inadmissible the following five things have to occur
  1. the alien misrepresented a fact;
  2. to an authorized official of the United States;
  3. the fact was material;
  4. the alien did so willfully; and
  5. for the purpose of obtaining a visa, other documentation or entry into this country, or to obtain some other immigration and naturalization benefit.
You did not misrepresent willfully, however you did 1,2,3, and 5. I would either send make an INFOPASS to see your interviewer to update him/her, or send him notification by email or mention it to them at the oath while having on you a copy of your form showing ALL your trips and which will show that even adding the trip, you still meet the continuous and physical presence tests. Of course you could also conveniently forget to tell them. The likelihood of it being found out is slim, and since it was not a willful misrepresentation, worst thing is your citizenship gets delayed. Even if it were found out after you are a citizen, the chances of you being denaturalized are slim and none.

Thank you, Actually my first thought was to make an appointment, I try online and the system do not allow me because there was not appointments available in the next 15 days.

You mention I can contact the interviewer by email, I have no idea how to obtain her email information. That will be great.

Thank you.

How long was your trip for? Did you visit a country you shouldn't have? How many days have you spent outside the US for the last five (or three, whichever is relevant)?

My point is if the trip can be problematic for your application based on my questions, then there could be an issue. If not, probably not an issue as people can forget.

No, the trip is not an issue to the naturalization process, if I wasn't forgot it will not change my eligibility, I was worry because I forgot to mentioned it and I was under oath during the interview.

Yeah but when you were under oath you swore to tell the truth, which you did to your knowledge. You did not lie. You just forgot.

The interviewer usually asks about any international trips taken since the application. Even if they don't, best to mention any upfront.