• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

Thank you again.I will write them politely.I will try and i will tell you the answer.I writed them politely 3 weeks ago ..how Long time is need to wait.But they only told me that is need to wait ,
As soon as it is completed they will contacting me.

Ok, you didn't mention that you'd already contacted them. In that case I'd personally wait around a month since you last heard from them before asking again.

If is need to wait i will wait,i can't do more mistakes..for this i told you about my situation,you know more about this cases...thank you

Hello I am a winner of the dv2017. A man came to our university to register for the dv in 2015. In 2016 he calls me to tell me that I won. I asked him to give me back my ESC as I had lost it he refused and asked me a sum of money that I refused. On 30 May 2017 another younger man comes to my house and presents me with a letter of appointment for June 13th. He let me know he paid the one who held my ESC to qualify for a visa as my husband he offered me to pay all the fees. I refused and I denounced the facts at the Dakar embassy on June 8th. They asked me to stay tuned as I managed to see the consul that the day before my appointment on June 12th. The embassy to file a lawsuit against the two men and I also filed suit against the two men. The case has since been brought to justice. I would like to know if I could have another appointment even after September 30, 2017 because at the embassy he told me that he would contact me once the legal proceedings were over. And the procedure is lasting because the man who had registered me is on the run.

Hello I am a winner of the dv2017. A man came to our university to register for the dv in 2015. In 2016 he calls me to tell me that I won. I asked him to give me back my ESC as I had lost it he refused and asked me a sum of money that I refused. On 30 May 2017 another younger man comes to my house and presents me with a letter of appointment for June 13th. He let me know he paid the one who held my ESC to qualify for a visa as my husband he offered me to pay all the fees. I refused and I denounced the facts at the Dakar embassy on June 8th. They asked me to stay tuned as I managed to see the consul that the day before my appointment on June 12th. The embassy to file a lawsuit against the two men and I also filed suit against the two men. The case has since been brought to justice. I would like to know if I could have another appointment even after September 30, 2017 because at the embassy he told me that he would contact me once the legal proceedings were over. And the procedure is lasting because the man who had registered me is on the run.

Well done for taking a stand against the people trying to extort you, and it's good to know the embassy is acting as well.

In terms of your interview, it must take place AND the visa be approved by September 30. By law no DV visas can be issued after the fiscal year ends. I would suggest you contact the embassy rather than waiting and ask them to schedule another interview in time before the FY ends . Do you have all the documents ready, medical done etc?

hello i am dv2017 winner i did my interview on 8 may in algeria 2017 i was asked for sponser paper wish is i134 and w2 and i have send it in 22 july 2017 my date was change in 25 july and change again in 8 August and change again in 17 August and still Administrative Process can someone tell me what is this mean

hello i am dv2017 winner i did my interview on 8 may in algeria 2017 i was asked for sponser paper wish is i134 and w2 and i have send it in 22 july 2017 my date was change in 25 july and change again in 8 August and change again in 17 August and still Administrative Process can someone tell me what is this mean

You cannot deduce meaning from the updates. You just have to be patient.

Hi All,
Any update on AP?
I called the embassy to inquire about my AP status and i was fortunate to speak with someone who responded so nicely , she took my phone number and told me someone from the embassy will call me. 20 minutes later , i received a call from the embassy requesting me to submit my passport and a new medical result since the previous one had expired.

This seems to be a good sign, my worries now is to know if i'm still going to be interviewed when i go to the embassy to summit my passport.

Hi All,
Any update on AP?
I called the embassy to inquire about my AP status and i was fortunate to speak with someone who responded so nicely , she took my phone number and told me someone from the embassy will call me. 20 minutes later , i received a call from the embassy requesting me to submit my passport and a new medical result since the previous one had expired.

This seems to be a good sign, my worries now is to know if i'm still going to be interviewed when i go to the embassy to summit my passport.

That is a good sign! There will not be a need for another interview. Good luck and please keep us updated!

I would like to thank all the members on this platform, special thanks to Britsimon & Susie QQQ for their directions and advice. My status has just changed from AP to ISSUED after more than 170 days in AP.
My advice to those who are still in AP is just to be prayerful and be patient, nothing is too hard for the Lord to do.

I would like to thank all the members on this platform, special thanks to Britsimon & Susie QQQ for their directions and advice. My status has just changed from AP to ISSUED after more than 170 days in AP.
My advice to those who are still in AP is just to be prayerful and be patient, nothing is too hard for the Lord to do.

Nice!

So happy to hear that! All the best for your new life in the US :)

Hi, I Want to explain my case, I was born in Algeria and I have Spanish nationality Many years ago, I am winner of the dv lottery 2018 in EU, I write my place of birth Algeria but I Apply in EU because my pasport is Spanish, its right or directly they will be denied my visa?

Last edited:
Hi, I Want to explain my case, I was born in Algeria and I have Spanish nationality Many years ago, I am winner of the dv lottery 2018 in EU, I write my place of birth Algeria but I Apply in EU because my pasport is Spanish, its right or directly they will be denied my visa?
Unless you have a Spanish born spouse you can cross-charge to (who also meets the lottery education requirement) then yes unfortunately you will be denied - assuming your case number is an EU one.

My wife was born in Germany, but her parents are Spanish and registered in the Spanish embassy there, is Spanish, my daughter also were born in Spain, in that case there is hope?

My wife was born in Germany, but her parents are Spanish and registered in the Spanish embassy there, is Spanish, my daughter also were born in Spain, in that case there is hope?

You have some risk, but certainly worth trying the interview. Your reasons for choosing Spain were wrong. However, you could have chose Germany based on your wife's place of birth. As Spain and Germany are both in EU region - they would normally forgive that error (i.e. a country mistake within the same region).

You are supposed to explain why you charged to a particular country - but I have never known a refusal for not having the correct reason on the eDV form.

If they forgive the mistake, they are supposed to treat you and your wife as principal selectees (although some embassies don't understand that) - so go to the interview with education proof for BOTH of you.

my wife has no studies but she has a restaurant 14 years ago, she is a chef, she does not have a degree but she works many years ago
I am agronómic engineer and I have a doctorate also, it's a problem that my wife is self employer?

my wife has no studies but she has a restaurant 14 years ago, she is a chef, she does not have a degree but she works many years ago
I am agronómic engineer and I have a doctorate also, it's a problem that my wife is self employer?

If they apply the rule correctly (and there is good a chance they won't) they "should" check whether your wife meets either the education or work experience requirement. It's high school education OR work experience to a certain level in the last 5 years. Work as a Chef would not normally meet that requirement. So - if your wife does not meet the requirement, this represents an increased risk.

You can read more about meeting the requirements here:

http://britsimonsays.com/education-or-work-experience-qualifying-for-the-dv-lottery/

Does she have a high school diploma? If your wife is being used to charge she also has to meet the requirement. You can have a Nobel prize but if she doesn't have high school or the requisite work experience, that makes your application ineligible as it now relies on her.
Like Simon said, it's not a guaranteed entry but it's worth a chance to use your wife to cross-charge (don't go on about her parents and your kid - they are irrelevant to DV chargeability). I've definitely heard of cases where they do properly check full eligibility of the spouse being used for chargeability so be sure to bring the evidence (I presume Simon has heard of some where they haven't checked judging by his comment...but you're already taking a bit of a chance, I wouldn't push it too much).

To be honest...I just wish people would read the instructions properly, it would avoid these types of issues.