• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi everybody,
Today my and my husband received our interview appointments for September 14th but my husband's interview time is approximetely one hour after mine (I am the principal applicant and we got married after the DV selection.) Do you consider that normal and does that mean that we will have two separate interviews? Thanks in advance,

Hi everybody,
Today my and my husband received our interview appointments for September 14th but my husband's interview time is approximetely one hour after mine (I am the principal applicant and we got married after the DV selection.) Do you consider that normal and does that mean that we will have two separate interviews? Thanks in advance,

It's "normal" to schedule that way. But arrive together - because you will be interviewed together.

Hi everybody,

In addition to Simon's response, attend your interview with the possibility of your marriage being closely scrutinized. Be ready to prove the genuineness of your marriage, have evidence of an existing relationship prior to DV selection, evidence of co-mingling of assets, etc.

Hi everybody,
Me and my wife were also scheduled that way. Mine was an hour earlier than her. We both went 30 min prior to my interview time and we were interviewed together. Interviewer did ask us about our in laws name, marriage date and marriage location.

Hello,

I did my interview on March. Until know I did not hear back. Today I call KCC to ask if they request my file. The answer was NO. the guy on the phone told me you have to call uscis and remind the officer to request the fill and FO should have requested even if my back ground not cleared. Is there any advice in my situation?

Hello,

I did my interview on March. Until know I did not hear back. Today I call KCC to ask if they request my file. The answer was NO. the guy on the phone told me you have to call uscis and remind the officer to request the fill and FO should have requested even if my back ground not cleared. Is there any advice in my situation?

Forget about what KCC told you on the phone, it doesn't quite work that way.

Have you done any follow up such as going on an INFOPASS or contacting your congress person to help you follow up on your case since your interview? Are you from Iran or one of the other countries on Triump's banned list?

Update: after 3 infopasses, and one phone call to speak to a CSR (who couldn't help) and then an ISO, who kindly put in a service request for me to expedite my case, my interview is finally scheduled. However the letter I received is regarding the service request (has info on my case type, filing date, receipt #, etc) and status of the service request.

The status of the service request states "On Aug 14, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-485 to request expedited processing for your Adjustment of Status application. Below is what we found to assist you in this request.

You have been scheduled to appear at the xxx Field office, located at xxx, on Aug 22 at xxx for your initial interview."

Does this count as an interview letter and why does it say "initial interview"? I didn't receive any formal notices of an interview, and since my interview date is a few days away, I'm not sure if I could request for a formal notice to be reissued. Can I just bring this as proof that I have an interview?

Update: after 3 infopasses, and one phone call to speak to a CSR (who couldn't help) and then an ISO, who kindly put in a service request for me to expedite my case, my interview is finally scheduled. However the letter I received is regarding the service request (has info on my case type, filing date, receipt #, etc) and status of the service request.

The status of the service request states "On Aug 14, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-485 to request expedited processing for your Adjustment of Status application. Below is what we found to assist you in this request.

You have been scheduled to appear at the xxx Field office, located at xxx, on Aug 22 at xxx for your initial interview."

Does this count as an interview letter and why does it say "initial interview"? I didn't receive any formal notices of an interview, and since my interview date is a few days away, I'm not sure if I could request for a formal notice to be reissued. Can I just bring this as proof that I have an interview?

Yes that is your IL. Ignore the "initial" - it is the main interview.

Side note: displaying your FO (and not xxxing it out like you did in your post) would have been helpful information for other selectees likely to interview at that same FO now or in the future.

Yes that is your IL. Ignore the "initial" - it is the main interview.

Side note: displaying your FO (and not xxxing it out like you did in your post) would have been helpful information for other selectees likely to interview at that same FO now or in the future.

Thanks Mom... and my FO is the Washington , DC one. Sorry, just wasn't sure how much I am supposed to share!

Given I have the green card, and the women I want to marry comes to the US on a tourist visa which will last for 6 months, will I still be able to marry her and have her stay in the here in the US? Or will she end up having to leave the US for some time?

Given I have the green card, and the women I want to marry comes to the US on a tourist visa which will last for 6 months, will I still be able to marry her and have her stay in the here in the US? Or will she end up having to leave the US for some time?

She is not allowed to enter on a tourist visa with the intent to remain in the US.
In any case this is a DV forum, please consult the appropriate family based forums for these questions.

She can come and get married if you guys want. However she cannot remain in the US until a visa number becomes available for her which is currently a two year process. She has to leave at the end of her permitted stay.

Hello Sm1smom & Britsimon,

First, I would like to thank you very much guys for this supportive forum and, I would also thank all the other helpful members in this great forum. I would say that the world won’t be better without guys like Sm1smom & Britsimon for their help.

Today me, my daughter and my wife we all received our GCs and I am so happy and feeling so relaxed. I would like to share with you my timeline and I hope it helps in this forum.

Case: DV2017

USCIS office: Detroit, MI

AOS delivered to Chicago lockbox on 05/22/2017

Check cashed: 06/10/2017

Acceptance Text/email: 06/11/2017

NOA letter date: 06/12/2017

Bio Letter received date: 06/23/2017

Bio appointment date: 07/07/2017

Interview letter received: 07/08/2017

Interview day: 07/27/2017

CPO text/email:08/15/2017

Notice of approval and green cards received date: 08/19/2017

Thank you all,

Yesterday at 10.30 PM we got two emails and texts confirming that our card went into production. Thanks for all the help - this forum has been very informative.

Like @sg_2606, I also received two emails and texts confirming my card went into production. I received it in the mail on Friday.

Thank you sooo much to everyone for sharing their experiences, but especially @Sm1smom for all the advice, patience, and time dedicated to us. I don't know if I could have done this without you.

Good luck and patience to everyone still waiting, I'm sure you will hear great news soon!

Update on my interview that took place today (Washington, DC FO):

I arrived about 20 minutes early and my officer came to get me 5 minutes before my scheduled interview time. I was interviewed by two officers (it seemed like one is supervising the other). They asked me standard questions from the I-485 form, asked to see some of my original documents (birth certificate, social security card, passport, Masters degree certificate and transcripts, I-94, and my H1B notice of action). They asked questions about what I did before coming to the US to study, and what I did in between studying and working, type of visa I was/am on, etc.)

They were very nice and courteous. In the end of the interview, they informed me that they're waiting on a State Dpt file to arrive (I assume they're talking about the KCC file) and will make a decision once they receive that file. I asked when they think they'll receive that file and they said this week. They also informed me that if they need any extra documents, they will call me directly since DV cases has the Sept 30 deadline. The overall interview all happened in 20 mins.

Hi @Sm1smom and @Britsimon
Today I called USCIS and asked about request of expediting FBI name check (it is different from expediting USCIS process). He told me the conditions that I can expdite including military purpose, medical conditions and ... . Do you have experience about it? Can I tell them my reason is deadline of DV based AOS ?

Today I called USCIS and asked about request of expediting FBI name check (it is different from expediting USCIS process). He told me the conditions that I can expdite including military purpose, medical conditions and ... . Do you have experience about it? Can I tell them my reason is deadline of DV based AOS ?

The reason they accept (sometimes) mentions "sunsetting" (as in there is a deadline).

AFAIK, you cannot make an FBI expedite request on your own. Your FO makes the request on their own at their discretion. FBI expediting is part of the USCIS expedite process to the best of my knowledge. You send in a sunset expedite request to your FO (if the USCIS customer service rep allows it). If your FO decides to honor the expedite request, they will follow up with the FBI as deemed fit.

AFAIK, you cannot make an FBI expedite request on your own. Your FO makes the request on their own at their discretion. FBI expediting is part of the USCIS expedite process to the best of my knowledge. You send in a sunset expedite request to your FO (if the USCIS customer service rep allows it). If your FO decides to honor the expedite request, they will follow up with the FBI as deemed fit.

"If your FO decides to honor the expedite request". Exactly. In my personal experience - they don't have to honor the request.