N-400 case status changed for my wife and daughter, but not for me

rcmuskula

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts,

Case status for my wife and daughter changed within 2-3 days after we all attended for biometrics, but my case status still remain the same. I guess obviously my case needs more scrutiny as I am the primary applicant and they are dependents but curious to know if this is common.

FYI, all 3 of us applied on the same day, finger prints were taken on the same day at the same office.
Status for wife and daughter
On July 13, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*nnnnnnnnn. We will send you an interview notice
Mine
Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled

Thanks for taking time to respond

- Mrc

The same thing happened to us as well, but after 6 weeks my husband's status changed from "fingerprints scheduled" to "we started the interview process."

No change in the status of my case even now, after close to 3 months. Should I need to enquire with USCIS?

Could be a hold up, or just a badly updated system. I don't know how it is now, but 5 years ago it was generally unreliable.

By the way, your spouse is not a dependent for this application - she is applying on her own and her process is independent of yours. Your child, if under 18, is a dependent in this process, but if over 18, again, is independent of you.