• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

To be fair, I actually received my interview letter when I went to an InfoPass inquiring about my case, so that may change things. But yeah, I made account a week after the receipt notice or so, and nothing has change there since.

Well not receiving a mail notification makes perfect sense in your case, since your IL was never mailed. And yes there be absolutely no change online until the case gets adjudicated, so please let's stop mixng up the process.

Im not currently going through the process, the spreadsheet was put together base on what I personally went through. Update is made based on feedback from those going through the process after I did, that is why I need for those reporting to stay on point and not mix up the process.

Thanks for providing update on how your IL came about.

Just sharing that the two Application Support Centers in Los Angeles [Wilshire and La Brea] are not allowing walk-ins currently. I tried both today for my biometrics and was given the same message - they are booked solid for weeks.

Not that it helps us doing AOS, but the Wilshire office said that if you are traveling internationally on your appointment date, and can show proof, then they may consider you as an emergency walk-in.

Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you know what field office you belong to? I assume it's just the closest one to where you live? At what point in the process do you find out about which field office you belong to?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers!

Just sharing that the two Application Support Centers in Los Angeles [Wilshire and La Brea] are not allowing walk-ins currently. I tried both today for my biometrics and was given the same message - they are booked solid for weeks.

Not that it helps us doing AOS, but the Wilshire office said that if you are traveling internationally on your appointment date, and can show proof, then they may consider you as an emergency walk-in.

I went to the one in Gardena (15715 Crenshaw Blvd #112, Gardena, CA 90249), guessing that it would be less busy than the others in the Downtown, and it was barely empty. I spent less than 5 minutes waiting (only 3 people ahead of me)

Quick feedback, I traveled abroad with the H1B and my wife in H4 while in AOS (noa received and bio done) and it went smooth at the immigration. No questions asked, all good. As per spreadhseet, no AP needed.

New Yorkers, did anyone with a NOA after Jan2017 received his interview letter ? They usually group the DVlottery and send everything at the same moment, but surprised they are late this year compared to last year (they were sending every 3 months approx).

Quick feedback, I traveled abroad with the H1B and my wife in H4 while in AOS (noa received and bio done) and it went smooth at the immigration. No questions asked, all good. As per spreadhseet, no AP needed.

New Yorkers, did anyone with a NOA after Jan2017 received his interview letter ? They usually group the DVlottery and send everything at the same moment, but surprised they are late this year compared to last year (they were sending every 3 months approx).

Actually the POE isn't where one faces a problem if they travel abroad without an approved AP card while an AOS petition is pending. They mostly are allowed in (unless there's some other cause for CBP to deny admission). They will however receive a denial notice in the mail stating the AOS is considered abandoned and therefore denied.

Actually the POE isn't where one faces a problem if they travel abroad without an approved AP card while an AOS petition is pending. They mostly are allowed in (unless there's some other cause for CBP to deny admission). They will however receive a denial notice in the mail stating the AOS is considered abandoned and therefore denied.
Mmm you mean i will receive an email soon saying that my AOS is abondoned ?

Hello, your forum is of a great help and I want to thank you for the efforts, I am sure it is greatly appreciated by all of us seeking some advices and guidances.
Today I went to infopass session regarding the pending interview date (biometrics done first days of May) and I got answer that "the senior officer is about to bring decision". There were no additional explanations and I regret that I did not ask for more details. Anyone have experience what this mean, i.e. approval of the petition ( EU DV Case current in May 2017) or the officer made decision to schedule a date? In my case with valid working visa I am in USA since 2007. Many thanks for anyone's answer.

Hello, your forum is of a great help and I want to thank you for the efforts, I am sure it is greatly appreciated by all of us seeking some advices and guidances.
Today I went to infopass session regarding the pending interview date (biometrics done first days of May) and I got answer that "the senior officer is about to bring decision". There were no additional explanations and I regret that I did not ask for more details. Anyone have experience what this mean, i.e. approval of the petition ( EU DV Case current in May 2017) or the officer made decision to schedule a date? In my case with valid working visa I am in USA since 2007. Many thanks for anyone's answer.
What Field office did you go to?

Mmm you mean i will receive an email soon saying that my AOS is abondoned ?

No that's not what I wrote and that's not what I'm trying to say. I was simply clarifying your post in which you made it sound like the fact that you were allowed in without an AP card is confirmation it is not required if one has a H1B/H4 visa.

Anyone with a pending AOS petition will most likely be allowed back in with or without an AP card (unless CBP has some other reason to deny them admission/re-admission).

However for those whose current visa isn't a dual intent visa, they will receive a denial notice as their AOS petition will be considered abandoned.

You were in the best position to get the IO to clarify what he meant. We can't tell wether it's a decision to send out the IL, or a decision to approve without an interview. You'll just have to wait and see what turns up.

You were in the best position to get the IO to clarify what he meant. We can't tell wether it's a decision to send out the IL, or a decision to approve without an interview. You'll just have to wait and see what turns up.
Thanks for your answer, will let you know what will turns up, the infopass was positive experience, the IO was very friendly, and it looked like it is a done deal, pity that I did not ask what was the deal :). Will learn from my omission, but other should too, so far great AOS process experience, (thanks to your information and the excel sheet), Good luck everyone,