• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hello Everyone,

I currently live in Italy and I did my interview here in Italy. I am issued the Visa. Is is mandatory to make my flight to USA from Italy ?
If possible I want to go back home and stay 2-3 months.
Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

I currently live in Italy and I did my interview here in Italy. I am issued the Visa. Is is mandatory to make my flight to USA from Italy ?
If possible I want to go back home and stay 2-3 months.
Thank you!

You can fly from wherever you want to anywhere in the US. Just ensure you do it before the visa expires.

Hi

I am scheduled for appointment for July , and found an information on Embassy’s website leading to open an account to the link
Headed as ” Welcome, U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants You are at the Official Immigrant (permanent) Visa support website for the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa
But i have an appointment letter already from K C C, is it a must to make schedule for appointment on Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service
the link is

Hi

I am scheduled for appointment for July , and found an information on Embassy’s website leading to open an account to the link
Headed as ” Welcome, U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants You are at the Official Immigrant (permanent) Visa support website for the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa
But i have an appointment letter already from K C C, is it a must to make schedule for appointment on Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service
the link is
Yes it is, u register at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/iv and bring it to the interview.
-when you register u choose dhl pickup location
-if u just received the 2NL u should probable wait a few days b/c the site may not work
-if u can't do it yourself , u can use the interent cafes around the embassy.it costs 150br.

Yes it is, u register at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/iv and bring it to the interview.
-if u just received the 2NL u should probable wait a few days b/c the site may not work
-if u can't do it yourself , u can use the interent cafes around the embassy.it costs 150br.
Thank u ethio2017!! That was my question too...i think we can registor one week before interview date. am i right???

From what we start the documentation process? which is taking more time? becouse i am not starting prepaired all documents. i start 15 days before un interview. Is that enough time?

Hello dear forum members,

I got a question on the ds-260. I will be competing my degree in Jun 20--the course work-- and graduate in July 5. So, When I fill the form now, can I put the future dates as:
Degree or Diploma: BSc degree
Date of Attendance From: 05 Sep 14. Date of Attendance To: 20 Jun 17, or I have to wait until I gradate? Also, is this attendance to date, a course completion date or graduation date? In this case, 20Jun17 or 05 Jul 17?

Also, my dv application was submitted by my brother and when he put my date of birth, he uses the Ethiopian calendar without conversion to European calendar--8 yrs difference in between. So, do you suggest to correct it now on ds-260, or just leave it as it is and explain the issue at the embassy during interview. I called at KCC and told me to correct it, but if I do it, they my think intentional/duplicate and disqualify me. Same may happen at the embassy, but at least they know the calendar difference. Regarding my documents, including my birth certificate, the date of birth is written in both calendars and no issue. Thank you.