Existing visa validity after filling out DS-160

mgray1

Slightly odd one this. I’ve just completed and submitted the DS-160 form. But I then discovered that my previous visa in an old passport is still valid for a few more years (I didn’t realise it stayed valid when the passport expired).

I have not booked an interview or paid any fees. I can't see a way to cancel the DS-160 form. Can I just ignore the DS-160 form, or will the fact that I submitted it create any problems?

Slightly odd one this. I’ve just completed and submitted the DS-160 form. But I then discovered that my previous visa in an old passport is still valid for a few more years (I didn’t realise it stayed valid when the passport expired).

I have not booked an interview or paid any fees. I can't see a way to cancel the DS-160 form. Can I just ignore the DS-160 form, or will the fact that I submitted it create any problems?

The DS-160 will expire or cancel it self after a time and you wont run into any troubles, since you haven't paid any fees or scheduled an interview. You can also contact the local U.S. embassy of your country to clarify further doubts.

Thanks a lot for that, much appreciated! That's what I thought but I just wanted to double check to avoid any problems. Thanks again!