• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How many attempts did it take you before winning?

Yup, super easy to use a tool that will tell them instantly who reused a photo from last year. Since I assume a lot of people did, it gives the other more chance to win in a way :)

Yup, super easy to use a tool that will tell them instantly who reused a photo from last year. Since I assume a lot of people did, it gives the other more chance to win in a way :)
Hehe u should wish luck to all those who really need! I hope you win

My story:

Been playing since 2007 (so i guess that was for 2009 lottery)
Got selected for my 2014 entry ( - informed of the result in 2015 and got my DV in 2016)
Reused the same photos for multiple years and only in recent entries i used new photos.

I won on the first attempt, but unfortunately it's just not about winning, it's about getting interview, getting green signal from consulate, and activating your LPR.

yeah and towards the end, it will cost you money (especially if you are bringing your whole family with you - if you are single, it wont affect you much)

hmmm a bit off topic in the last couple pages..
back to track:
I have been trying since 2010... been using the same photo.. (maybe I got selected sometime and disqualified bc of the old photo?)
Wish everyone luck on May 2!!
Peace!

back to track:
I have been trying since 2010... been using the same photo.. (maybe I got selected sometime and disqualified bc of the old photo?)
Peace!

In order to eliminate that doubt its best to use a new photo every year as suggested by the rules of the DV Lottery. Best of luck to you this year.

back to track:
Peace!
Same photo for 6 years? Hmm yeah, since they now disqualify people using the same photo, you may have been disqualified already. You'll let us know on Tuesday!

Anyway, even if you are using a new photo every year, the odds of winning are about 1%.

Same photo for 6 years? Hmm yeah, since they now disqualify people using the same photo, you may have been disqualified already. You'll let us know on Tuesday!

Anyway, even if you are using a new photo every year, the odds of winning are about 1%.
Sure. Is there anyway to know the difference btw disqualified and has not been selected?
Thanks a lot!

back to track:
Peace!

You deserves noble prize for using same photo for 6 years and still hoping to get selected.

This will be my 2nd attempt from the AS region specifically from Saudi Arabia.

2-3 days to go, good luck everyone

I would say the photo validator is my worst nightmare, not sure if its the same for everyone. I'm always left with doubts on the photo i submit haha

I would say the photo validator is my worst nightmare, not sure if its the same for everyone. I'm always left with doubts on the photo i submit haha

Just make sure you use the official photo validator and never use the same picture of previous applications. The rest is all based on luck buddy and I hope all is well over in KSA.

Just make sure you use the official photo validator and never use the same picture of previous applications. The rest is all based on luck buddy and I hope all is well over in KSA.

Yeah, you are right...I have never used any other type of validator other than the official one. Its just even if the validator approves it, there is a chance it might get rejected, no?

Thats what I've been hearing and reading unless i'm really mistaken

Thanks for the advice and nice words...I hope your 3rd time's the charm :D