Trumps new order - to pull out of Nafta

Ozzies

I was planning on getting a new TN on May 13th. already bought my ticket.

Any idea if they will stop issuing TNs and starting when?

thanks

I was planning on getting a new TN on May 13th. already bought my ticket.

Any idea if they will stop issuing TNs and starting when?

thanks

How would anyone know anything about the effects of an order that hasn't been issued?

Agree with @Britsimon -- also keep in mind that (per my understanding) post-withdrawal notification, there is a period of 6 months that the withdrawing country would need to wait. I'd suggest you go ahead with your plan to request for a TN on May-13th...

No order has issued yet and it sounds like it may never

This is very odd -- just 1-2 months ago, Trump's admin said that they weren't going to change very much with respect to Canada. Now this week, Canada seems like enemy #1

Its entirely possible that Canada-US might enter into a bilateral agreement if NAFTA were to fall through...IAC, for now, I think until the withdrawal happens (if it happens), I'd say assume status quo...

Apparently it was a close call: see story

JUST IN

Trump says he was ready to "terminate" NAFTA — but then he spoke to Canada and Mexico
"I was going to terminate NAFTA as of two or three days from now," Trump said, speaking in the Oval Office with the president of Argentina.

But then, he says, he got a call from Mexico's president and Canada's prime minister, both of whom convinced him to renegotiate. (FYI: Here's what's on the line when it comes to NAFTA.)

"I like them very much," Trump said, referring to President Enrique Peña Nieto and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. "Our relationship is very special."

Pulling out of NAFTA, Trump said, would be "a pretty big shock to the system."

Hey guys,

Just an update. I went on may 13th and got my visa. The office made a jerk comment about "they are cancelling this program in the fall, its a complete mess anyways" and then i went to the next room for my review of my application.. and the guy gave me my new tn in literally 5 mins lol..