Accidental Voting by Legal Permanent Resident

Baikal3, thank you so much for your reply. I actually found the same document and thought the flow-chart at the end was pretty hope-inducing.

I guess we'll have to cross our fingers and wait at this point. We don't care if she can't become a citizen as long as she can stay with us in the USA. Her home country is in shambles, we have no family there whatsoever and she has cognitive issues. It would be a disaster if she had to be removed...

I wanted to thank all of you for providing advice and words of hope. It's amazing to me how much strangers will take the time to respond and try to help.

If anyone comes up with any new bits of info or is in a similar situation, please respond. I can use any information I can get!

Additionally, I was able to locate a similar case with a young lady who registered and voted once. She was married to a U.S. Citizen. In the end, she was granted citizenship. Her situation was a little different, however. My aunt voted more than once, unfortunately. I think the multiple times really makes things worse.

One question I had was: Does anyone know about relief available to legal permanent residents? What about the stop time rule? For example, she has been here legally for 10 years. However, her first voting act took place after two years of her arriving. Does this mean that her "7-year continuous physical presence" requirement gets discounted? I'm so confused about that rule and if that means that she is precluded from relief...
I was wondering how's your aunt's case going on ?

And the young lady that has similar case to her, do you know if she got a denial at first time of her interview ?