Re entry permit, marriage in Germany, renewal and name change.

Princessin

I am a legal resident and stayed in the Us for a year. I filed for a re entry permit since I would be out of the Us for some time and was approved for 2years.
MY DILEMA:
I got married and my husband lives in Germany. I live here with him now but I still want to maintain my LPR status. My re entry permit expires in 2018 and I am not sure if my renewal would be approved since I have not been to the Us since I left.
There is also an issue of name change. I have not changed my passport to bear my married name since it would expire in early 2019. Is it advisable to re new the re entry permit with my old name or new name?
If my new name ie married name is the advisable option, how do I go about it? What forms do I have to fill? and what agencies would I have to inform so the changes reflect ( social security, DHS etc)
Is it also possibile to renew the re entry permit before hand although the old one has not expired?

please help as I am really in a dilemma.

It is advisable to file for a renewal close to the expiration date of the current reentry permit. Since you still have close to one year left on the current one, you will have to send it in with your new application if you choose to renew it now. Plus you will need to return to the US anyway in order to file for a new one and complete the necessary biometrics.

The reentry permit will be in your current maiden name. In order to have one issued in your new married name, you will need to first apply for a replacement GC to be issued in that new name with prove of name change. When you get your replacement GC you you can then apply for a new reentry permit, and you will also use the new GC to apply for a replacement SSN card in your new name.

You will also need to get a new passport of course or you'll have difficulties traveling if the names on the GC and passport do not match.