EB-5 (I-829 adjudication still pending after insanely long 24 months)

AtilaC

Hi everyone,

I'm an EB-5 investor and I filed my I-829 on Nov. 20 2014. It has been over 2 years and my case is still pending with the USCIS IPO. My attorney keeps emailing the IPO every month and they usually say that the case is still pending and sorry for the delay. However, we just sent another inquiry this past week and their response was standard again with the expiation that, they're now saying the case is still pending and it's under "EXTENDED REVIEW". When I asked my attorney what that meant, he said he doesn't know. I've been reading the forums and whenever the term "extended review" is mentioned, it is usually related to background checks and in some cases they say that it is in the "final stages" of the case. The current I-829 processing time is over 23.8 months so I'm just a little over the normal processing time.

1- Are they just using this term loosely since it may be another Immigration Officer? Is it another word for just normal processing?

2- Is it background check, security check?

3- Since my case is an I-829 adjudication and not an I-485 or anything else - how long more do you guys think I will have to wait for my case to be adjudicated?

I am assuming if there was an outstanding issue they would have already asked for RFE.

I submitted my finger prints and biometrics in June.

I am with AMLIFE INC. and my project has been active for the past 2 years and more than %60 active tenants.

This is IPO's latest response re: my I-829

"This email is to notify you that receipt XXXXXXXXX is currently pending with the Immigrant Investor Program Office for extended review. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay."

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this frustrating matter.

Thanks.

Hi AtilaC,

Sounds incredibly frustrating! You don't have a ton of options in terms of expediting the process, you have to pretty much sit and wait. However, at least you're all the way into the I-829 stage and not stuck at the I-526 stage! Plus, from what I've seen statistically, they approve the vast majority of I-829 applications, so you should be fine.

One thing I recommend is that you check in with your EB-5 project manager / Regional Center to make sure they aren't doing anything crazy with your investment funds. You're so close to receiving I-829 approval, so it's almost time for you to be repaid.

I am not an immigration attorney, however I am managing an EB-5 project. Also, I can connect you with a good immigration attorney if you'd like. Feel free to visit my website - nyeb5fund dot com - and submit an inquiry form for more information!

Good morning Atila and thanks for your thread, i have a question for you so i can understand what's going to happen to me in the next years. After a 2 years period of conditional green card you ask to remove the condition, but if you pass the expiration date what do they do? They send to you an extension? Or you only have to wait, but you can't go out of Us? Or something else? Thanks for your help.

Hi AtilaC,

Sounds incredibly frustrating! You don't have a ton of options in terms of expediting the process, you have to pretty much sit and wait. However, at least you're all the way into the I-829 stage and not stuck at the I-526 stage! Plus, from what I've seen statistically, they approve the vast majority of I-829 applications, so you should be fine.

One thing I recommend is that you check in with your EB-5 project manager / Regional Center to make sure they aren't doing anything crazy with your investment funds. You're so close to receiving I-829 approval, so it's almost time for you to be repaid.
Hi,

I am on an H1B visa in US and was keen to apply through EB5. I wanted your guidance on some of the success stories or research work that helped in getting your EB5 approved. For eg. how did you go about selecting regional centre, total time taken for the application to get approved, what were some of the success and risk factors, how did you decide on the project and lastly terms of exit i.e. if you were to come out of that investment/ project.

Hi,

I am on an H1B visa in US and was keen to apply through EB5. I wanted your guidance on some of the success stories or research work that helped in getting your EB5 approved. For eg. how did you go about selecting regional centre, total time taken for the application to get approved, what were some of the success and risk factors, how did you decide on the project and lastly terms of exit i.e. if you were to come out of that investment/ project.

Hi EB52019, I am in same boat as yours. On H1b in San Francisco Bay Area. I am looking to connect to more people like you and me, to form a group to discuss, talk about EB5 projects and filing it. You may please contact me at < ashising12@gmail.com> Thanks// Ashish

Hi,

Hi there,

I am Kamalpreet Kaur, a Due Diligence Officer, who works at EB5 Diligence, a reputed company name in EB5 industry who has independently reviewed over 150+ EB-5 Projects. We have hundreds of success stories to share with. To give you an overview, EB5 Industry is really complex and full of Fraud and lack of transparency from the stakeholders such as NCE, JCE, Developers, Regional centers along with the complex legal documents, making it even more difficult for potential investors to comprehend the repayment terms, exit strategy, escrow release conditions, and complex organization structure which determines whether an EB-5 Investor has senior or subordinate rights over other creditors.

As a Due Diligence Officer, I work on EB-5 Investors' side, perform independent due-diligence process, including site visits, conduct Stakeholders' interview, I go through all the legal documents, and I then Rate the particular EB-5 project in terms of "Immigration Risk" which basically indicates that how risky a particular EB-5 Project is in terms of getting the EB-5 visa. I then also Rate the same EB5 Deal in terms of "Financial Risk" which indicates how sound the particular EB-5 Project is in terms of likelihood of EB5 Investors receiving their money back on time by reviewing EB-5 Project's Business Plan, critiquing the Project's Real Estate Valuation Methodology Conclusion, in-depth study of Project's Exit strategy, repayment terms, organization structure etc. and then rating the Project accordingly. We have an online platform, where an EB5 Investor gets a login access, and can themselves choose from our several top rated EB-5 deals, compare deal terms, see all issues and strenghts related with the deals, and by this we empower our EB-5 Investors to make a decision at their fingertips by by being transparent to them.

We prepare a concise 30-40 pages Due Diligence Report that highlights all "Strengths" and Weaknesses" of the particular EB-5 Project and all the issues related to their contract terms, lack of transparency in certain areas, construction status, Job creation, no. of I-526 approvals status, Exemplar status etc. we write the report in plain English & simplify all Project related information so that an EB-5 Investor can easily comprehend the Project terms. I think it is very important to conduct due diligence before an investor decides to invest half a million dollars on a risky Project. If you are interested in applying for EB5 visa or have any specific queries, please feel free to contact me through this forum or can email me directly:

Last edited by a moderator: