• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hello,

I just got an email from KCC confirming my intention to do AOS and requesting payment of DV fees. However, my CN is not active yet but i believe it will be posted on next month's visa bulletin. Can i go ahead and send the money order for the DV fees to KCC? Or wait for my CN to be posted?

Thanks!
You can go ahead and pay. This is what I did too. When your CN becomes current is the right time to send your AOS package.

Hi Mom
We did biometric today and couple hours after that, one person called us from USCIS and scheduled our interview for next week. He said We will receive IL after tow or three days. I am shocked.
Do you know for what reason before the result of FBI check, they scheduled the interview for us? one of our friends has the same FO with us, but he is waiting for an interview more than 3 months.
Will it be possible the result of biometric come after 10 days?
Thank you
My IL was also issued on the same day of my biometric appointment which I received two days back. My interview was about 25 days after the biometric test and IO said during the interview that background check is already completed. I guess it should be possible to have background check cleared in few days provided there are not any issues. But there are definitely many things that matter for the time taken.

Send the payment now, so that you can send your I-485 application (along with the DV fee payment receipt) as soon as your CN becomes current.
Thanks for the response. Another question:

1. When i mail the money order of $330, is there a form i need to fill out and mail with it?

Thanks for the response. Another question:

1. When i mail the money order of $330, is there a form i need to fill out and mail with it?

Did you bother to click on the link or the attachment that came with the email from KCC? I suggest you take another look and carefully go over that email again.

Hi Mom
I am on F-1 and my spouse who is the selectee is on F- 2. We are living on the assistantship I receive for teaching/research as well as some occasional family support. Is the employment letter enough as financial support? or you recommend us to ask some of our friends to fill out the affidavit of support (I-134) for us?

Hi Mom
I am on F-1 and my spouse who is the selectee is on F- 2. We are living on the assistantship I receive for teaching/research as well as some occasional family support. Is the employment letter enough as financial support? or you recommend us to ask some of our friends to fill out the affidavit of support (I-134) for us?

Does your income meet the poverty guideline level applicable to your household? If it doesn't, you should look into getting an I-134.

Does your income meet the poverty guideline level applicable to your household? If it doesn't, you should look into getting an I-134.
Thanks mom for your immediate response. Is i-864p an appropriate reference to conclude if my income is not below the poverty level?

Will we categorically need our 2NL`s to proceed further or is it optional at this stage of our AOS progression?

I really do not enjoy answering the same question from the same source (regardless of how it is worded) over and over again). I already said there's no cause for worry if you do not receive the 2NL.

I really do not enjoy answering the same question from the same source (regardless of how it is worded) over and over again). I already said there's no cause for worry if you do not receive the 2NL.
Excellent and thank you! Will wait for our Interview Letters and update as soon as there is any progress.

In previous years we have had the ability to extract the CEAC data with a program. This year, we got the highest numbers for each region manually (trial and error).

Sorry to bother again, but just to clarify:
2017SA1958 shows that only 1958 DV are awarded to SA, or that 1958 will most likely get the green card (unless they run out before that, of course)?

Yes it is.
Hello Mom,

Please I know you have dealt with the issue of affidavit of support previously. I have been reading on i 134 and i 864 and I don't quite understand the difference. Please clarify for me which of the 2 forms I am required to file I am required to file in my situation ; where I am the principal applicant(F1) and spouse (F2) and son(F2) are derivatives. I consider my income to be below the HHS poverty guidelines since my household is 4 ( I have a daughter who is u.s born). I receive a stipend of 22,000 a year and so looking at the guideline I fall below as a sponsor. Is it required for me to have someone file i 134 for all my household or I can file I- 864 for myself.
I know you have dealt with aspects of this issue in previous thread but I will be most thankful if you can give me information on this issue relative to my specific case. I appreciate your assistance.

Hi Mom,
I really appreciate your appropriate responses.
I have only one version of certified copies in hand so I have to use their photocopies for AOS package. The problem is that in most of the certified copies it is not explicitly stated by the translator that he/she is competent in both languages and that the translation is accurate as mentioned at "general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing" of USCIS website. However, it is mentioned on documents that they are an official translator and also that it is a "true translation certified" on the bottom of document. Are these phrases good enough for the purpose? or I'd better to attach a letter to each of them by myself to somehow certify that I am competent in languages and the translations are accurate.

Hi,
My interview letter based on for March. Question is ,
I have been taking only english classesas after i changed my status to F1.
The letter seeking from me to bring all my transcripts from all US schools (5 different schools) i have attended since my change of status to F1. The thing ESL classes dont have transcrips i have only i20 forms. What should i do?

Thank you

Hello Mom,

Please I know you have dealt with the issue of affidavit of support previously. I have been reading on i 134 and i 864 and I don't quite understand the difference. Please clarify for me which of the 2 forms I am required to file I am required to file in my situation ; where I am the principal applicant(F1) and spouse (F2) and son(F2) are derivatives. I consider my income to be below the HHS poverty guidelines since my household is 4 ( I have a daughter who is u.s born). I receive a stipend of 22,000 a year and so looking at the guideline I fall below as a sponsor. Is it required for me to have someone file i 134 for all my household or I can file I- 864 for myself.
I know you have dealt with aspects of this issue in previous thread but I will be most thankful if you can give me information on this issue relative to my specific case. I appreciate your assistance.

Form I-134 is the only affidavit of support applicable to DV cases. If your annual income is below the PGL applicable to your household, then you need to find a USC or LPR with enough income to cover both yours and his/her household combined together.

The IO may or may not ask for prove of financial stability, however I always encourage all petitioners to prepare for the possibility of being asked to present such an evidence.