• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

@mom:
I have been under back ground check for 4 months. I have UK visa, European Union Visa I have traveled all around Europe, Chinese visa, UAE and Indian visa in my passport.
I have not even gone to military service in my country Iran I have excluded.
I have no idea what they are checkeing?!!
Do you have any clue?
Thanks

You're from Iran, you really shouldn't be so surprised your background check is taking so long. Prior to Trumps EO, background checks for Iranians has been 4-6months, with Trumps' confused immigration plans it could be much more. There's really nothing one can do about that.

Hi mom,

Almost it's been 5 months since I did my biometrics. When I went to INFOPASS about one and a half month ago, the officer told me that my name was cleared. And in the last December, they also told me that my case was assigned to an officer on January 26th. Again, on January 30th, I went to INFOPASS and they requested my case to be expedite. Today finally an officer responded me. They said that I need to wait 60 more days, and in March my medical will be expired. I always thought that people get their interview letters right after their background check is done. Everybody said that getting an interview letter is depending on FO, but my FO said that it depends on Nebraska. My FO (San Diego) said that Nebraska has to send my file to them. I don't understand why this process is taking too long. How hard is it for them to look over my case and send it to my local office. I really want to know if this is normal, and is there anything I can do? Should I get another INFOPASS? Or should I be more patient and wait for a news from them.

I really appreciate you and thank you for helping us.

Pay another visit to your FO. The other San Diego case which got filed after yours I believe has been interviewed and approved.

Pay another visit to your FO. The other San Diego case which got filed after yours I believe has been interviewed and approved.
Hi again,

What should I tell them? I have INFOPASS tomorrow but I don't know what to say because I know the officers in my FO are going to say that I have to wait, and there is nothing they could do for me. My friend advised me that I should go to a congress office so they could follow up my case. Please tell me what is the best thing I should do.

Thank you

Hi again,

What should I tell them? I have INFOPASS tomorrow but I don't know what to say because I know the officers in my FO are going to say that I have to wait, and there is nothing they could do for me. My friend advised me that I should go to a congress office so they could follow up my case. Please tell me what is the best thing I should do.

Thank you

I can't tell you what's the best thing you can or should do. You'll have to to decide on what's best for you between what I tell you and what your friend says.

You already have an INFOPASS appointment scheduled, so use it. Tell them what you told them one and a half months ago. What is the status of your background check? Has your KCC file been requested and received? Is there anything specific delaying your interview? You don't start by telling them or letting them know you had a previous INFOPASS, treat it like a new one to see what they'll say. And if they end up saying wait again, then the next step will be to initiate a congressional inquiry.

By the way, are you from one of the 7 countries on Trump's EO?

Filing an extension of a none immigrant status for the ultimate purpose of filing AOS is possible and legal. There are previous DV selectees who have done the exact same thing.

However as long as you're aware an approval of the extension is not guaranteed, and if that petition gets denied while your AOS petition is pending, you're automatically no longer eligible for AOS. Your AOS petition will most likely get denied also.

Now, that you've been adequately informed (I think?), you decide on the best course of action for your case.
Hi pelease what mean AOS?

hello, I sent my DS dv 2017 just about 10 days and I forgot to add a degree and I was wrong in the enter a date of start and finish work, what should I do

Hi , my Case Number is 2017AF00020178 FOR CUT NUMBER is too late for me I sent my DS260 yesterday february 14 th. help me please answer me

Hi pelease what mean AOS?

AOS on this Thread means Adjustment of Status - it is the process DV selectees already living/working in the US on a non-immigrant visa use to process their DV selection.

So are you currently in the US?

hello, I sent my DS dv 2017 just about 10 days and I forgot to add a degree and I was wrong in the enter a date of start and finish work, what should I do

Contact KCC and request for them to unlock your DS260 to enable you make the necessary changes.

Go through your DV selectee notification letter for guidance on how to contact KCC.

Hi Rali Uqla, can you answer me please , sorry for my english , I use google for translate , I am in Italy.

Hi , my Case Number is 2017AF00020178 FOR CUT NUMBER is too late for me I sent my DS260 yesterday february 14 th. help me please answer me

Nobody 'lives' on these Threads or in this forum. You need to learn to exercise some patience - when you post a question, allow some time for someone to come online and respond. Everyone is one on the same time zone as you in Italy, people come online at different times, so be PATIENT!

Plus now that it's obvious you're not process AOS you shouldn't posting your questions on this particular Thread anyways.

Nobody 'lives' on these Threads or in this forum. You need to learn to exercise some patience - when you post a question, allow some time for someone to come online and respond. Everyone is one on the same time zone as you in Italy, people come online at different times, so be PATIENT!

Plus now that it's obvious you're not process AOS you shouldn't posting your questions on this particular Thread anyways.

AOS on this Thread means Adjustment of Status - it is the process DV selectees already living/working in the US on a non-immigrant visa use to process their DV selection.

So are you currently in the US?

I can't tell you what's the best thing you can or should do. You'll have to to decide on what's best for you between what I tell you and what your friend says.

You already have an INFOPASS appointment scheduled, so use it. Tell them what you told them one and a half months ago. What is the status of your background check? Has your KCC file been requested and received? Is there anything specific delaying your interview? You don't start by telling them or letting them know you had a previous INFOPASS, treat it like a new one to see what they'll say. And if they end up saying wait again, then the next step will be to initiate a congressional inquiry.

By the way, are you from one of the 7 countries on Trump's EO?
thank you very much for your answer

Hello,

I just got an email from KCC confirming my intention to do AOS and requesting payment of DV fees. However, my CN is not active yet but i believe it will be posted on next month's visa bulletin. Can i go ahead and send the money order for the DV fees to KCC? Or wait for my CN to be posted?

Thanks!

Hello,

I just got an email from KCC confirming my intention to do AOS and requesting payment of DV fees. However, my CN is not active yet but i believe it will be posted on next month's visa bulletin. Can i go ahead and send the money order for the DV fees to KCC? Or wait for my CN to be posted?

Thanks!
Send the payment now, so that you can send your I-485 application (along with the DV fee payment receipt) as soon as your CN becomes current.

It's optional for kids below 14 and adults above 79. It really makes no difference if the form is included for those within that category or not - so the spreadsheet is silent on that (and there have been and still are children above 14 who are derivatives). What matters is to ensure the correct amount of fee is included, and the spreadsheet addressed that.

Greetings Support,

Here are my updates so far after our latest correspondence:
- On Dec 10, 2016 sent our AOS package to Chicago Lockbox by UPS.
- On Dec 13, 2016 received the confirmation of package delivery.
- On Dec 27, 2016 received 4 e-mails and text messages (1 for each family member) about USCIS Acceptance Confirmation.
- On Jan 02, 2017 received I-797C NOA letters for all family members.
- On Jan 03, 2017 received ASC appointment notice letters for Biometrics for all family members.
- On Jan 11, 2017 visited ASC and completed Biometrics.

Now I we are waiting for Interview Letters with patience; however I have a question about out 2NL`s. Do I need to worry that we still did not receive our 2NL from KCC? We sent our DS-260 forms on Nov 07, 2016 and so far the only reply we got from KCC are 4 e-mails from "U.S. Department of State: DO-NOT-REPLY@STATE.GOV" with a subject "U.S. DoS - CEAC Confirmation (2017EU136xx)" and the e-mail attachment letter which says:

Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation

Thank You

Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for review.
Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
  1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
  2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
  3. Contact your local USCIS Field Office for further information about booking an appointment.
You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment.

This confirms the submission of the Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration for:

2017EU136xx

Are these e-mails our 2NL`s?

Thank you!

Hi Mom
We did biometric today and couple hours after that, one person called us from USCIS and scheduled our interview for next week. He said We will receive IL after tow or three days. I am shocked.
Do you know for what reason before the result of FBI check, they scheduled the interview for us? one of our friends has the same FO with us, but he is waiting for an interview more than 3 months.
Will it be possible the result of biometric come after 10 days?
Thank you

Hi Mom
We did biometric today and couple hours after that, one person called us from USCIS and scheduled our interview for next week. He said We will receive IL after tow or three days. I am shocked.
Do you know for what reason before the result of FBI check, they scheduled the interview for us? one of our friends has the same FO with us, but he is waiting for an interview more than 3 months.
Thank you

There have been several cases this year in the same situation, when the letters where dated and sent out the same day as the biometrics. The only bad thing about that is that if your background check is not done yet (that probably it won't), the IO is not able to give you an answer for your petition right there, and you will have to wait until your background check is clear. However, the good thing is that you would have done everything you had to do in your process, so it's supposed it will be faster.

Greetings Support,

Here are my updates so far after our latest correspondence:
- On Dec 10, 2016 sent our AOS package to Chicago Lockbox by UPS.
- On Dec 13, 2016 received the confirmation of package delivery.
- On Dec 27, 2016 received 4 e-mails and text messages (1 for each family member) about USCIS Acceptance Confirmation.
- On Jan 02, 2017 received I-797C NOA letters for all family members.
- On Jan 03, 2017 received ASC appointment notice letters for Biometrics for all family members.
- On Jan 11, 2017 visited ASC and completed Biometrics.

Now I we are waiting for Interview Letters with patience; however I have a question about out 2NL`s. Do I need to worry that we still did not receive our 2NL from KCC? We sent our DS-260 forms on Nov 07, 2016 and so far the only reply we got from KCC are 4 e-mails from "U.S. Department of State: DO-NOT-REPLY@STATE.GOV" with a subject "U.S. DoS - CEAC Confirmation (2017EU136xx)" and the e-mail attachment letter which says:

Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation

Thank You

Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for review.
Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
  1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
  2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
  3. Contact your local USCIS Field Office for further information about booking an appointment.
You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment.

This confirms the submission of the Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration for:

2017EU136xx

Are these e-mails our 2NL`s?

Thank you!

1. No need to worry.
2. No that is not the 2NL

Hi Mom
Thank you

Not unusual. Some FOs operate that way.

Hi Mom
Thank you
I got my interview letter 4 days after I did the biometrics so that's normal. It just depends on the field officer.