• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hello Mom,
I had my interview couple of days ago. The officer asked me first if I will tell him the truth and I said yes, he asked if I will lie to him and I said no. Then he asked me to state my full name, DOB, my country, etc. He went through all the yes and no questions. I brought all the needed documents with me but he only asked for my passport and my DV letter. I offered him my original I20 and he asked me if I sent a copy of it, I told him yes. I asked him if the background check is done and he said yes as he can't see any flags on his computer ( not sure what he meant by that but it seemed that it was done). The whole interview took 10 min and then he told me that he never dealt with DV cases before so he cannot make a decision today. He gave me a letter that says USCIS is unable to complete the case at the time and my case must be reviewed. I asked him what is the timeline for this and he said that he doesn't know. I checked my case status online yesterday and It was changed to "my case must be reviewed".
At the time of the interview I didn't ask the officer if he received my KCC file. It didn't really cross my mind to ask about this. I only saw my AOS package on his desk and nothing else. Should I call KCC to ask if my file was requested? and if it wasn't is there anything else I can do?
Thanks
If you dont mind me asking, which FO was this ?

During the interview, why would you want to ask if they received the KCC file and if background check is complete?

The AOS petition cannot be approved if your background check clearance is pending or your KCC file is yet to be received. Knowing the status of these may shed some light on when your petition gets approved at the end of your interview or if you have a long wait ahead of you.

Hi,
My number was just posted on Visa Bulletin as current for April. I have a couple of questions.
1. Can you please post sample 2NL letter? I had submitted DS260 on December 8 and received confirmation letter right away. I assume it is not 2NL.
2. I did send a money order for Diversity Visa Lottery fee with a letter that includes my DV number, name and address. However did not note DV number on the money order. Can it cause an issue with processing my payment?
Thanks.

The 2NL for AOS is an email from KCC acknowledging their awareness of your intention to process AOS. It will include an attachment with instructions on how to make the DV processing/administrative fee payment.

2. Did you use the actual payment form or you included some letter you wrote yourself?

Glad to know your son and D-I-L had a stress free interview and thanks for updating us. I however need to point out there's no I-130 involved with a DV based AOS petition. So I'm wondering why they had that in their package.
Hello Mom, its been almost a week since my D-i-L and son had their interview no answer yet and seeing other petitioner interview experience on page-60 I realize that the visa number is a KCC dependant not the FO as I thought. Any idea how long KCC will take to get the GC visa number before they receive an answer. Thanks

Hello Mom, its been almost a week since my D-i-L and son had their interview no answer yet and seeing other petitioner interview experience on page-60 I realize that the visa number is a KCC dependant not the FO as I thought. Any idea how long KCC will take to get the GC visa number before they receive an answer. Thanks

Visa availability is not KCC dependent. The only thing the FO requires from KCC is the KCC case file - did your D-I-L and son confirm at the end of the interview if the case file was requested and has been received? Did they confirm their background check has cleared?

When everything checks and the IO decides to approve the case, he/she requests the visa from IVAMSWEB - an internet based system used for requesting all immigrant visa allocation number.

One week following the interview isn't a long time to be stressing over a lack of decision.

Hey Mom,

My case number is AS56**. My case is not current yet, but I was about to file for Opt. Will there be a problem if my opt petition is pending and I file for Adjustment of Status (I-485) ? Are the two related ? Will they see an immigrant intent since I filed and sent my DS-260 ?

Hello

My interview appointment based on dv lottery is next week. My question is

I mistakenly marked No for the question asking about public assistance. I received Medicaid for period of time during pregnancy. My understanding to question was Medicaid is not a public charge and in the mean time I am not willing to take any assistance in the future. In the interview I am going to let the officer know that I received Medicaid. Does this affect the officer decisions?

Visa availability is not KCC dependent. The only thing the FO requires from KCC is the KCC case file - did your D-I-L and son confirm at the end of the interview if the case file was requested and has been received? Did they confirm their background check has cleared?

When everything checks and the IO decides to approve the case, he/she requests the visa from IVAMSWEB - an internet based system used for requesting all immigrant visa allocation number.

One week following the interview isn't a long time to be stressing over a lack of decision.
Finally I got the news I´ve been waiting for, my D-I-L and Son both got an email today with their DV applications being approved ! GC should be mailed within 3 to 6 weeks.
I´m so happy for them and grateful to GOD for this blessing as they will become fathers too very soon and this will guarantee them to start a new life in America!
I DO want to thank Super Moderator Mom for his invaluable contribution in this forum and for having the time and the patiente to answer every single question posted that is PRICELESS! At the beginning when I joined this forum back on Sept 2016 I was completed lost and out of focus about the AOS process but thanks to that MAGICAL spreadsheet it made me open my eyes and help me go through to give the best advice to my D-i-L and son. Once lesson I have learned from this whole experience is that we all must practice PATIENTE as stated in many of the answers . Also Britsimon, your help is highly appreciated too in this forum with your own experiences.
I hope every petitioner becomes successfull at the end of this journey , GOD Bless America and GOD Bless all of you.
Best Regards, Luis

Hey Mom,

My case number is AS56**. My case is not current yet, but I was about to file for Opt. Will there be a problem if my opt petition is pending and I file for Adjustment of Status (I-485) ? Are the two related ? Will they see an immigrant intent since I filed and sent my DS-260 ?

You should be fine filing for your OPT.

Finally I got the news I´ve been waiting for, my D-I-L and Son both got an email today with their DV applications being approved ! GC should be mailed within 3 to 6 weeks.
I´m so happy for them and grateful to GOD for this blessing as they will become fathers too very soon and this will guarantee them to start a new life in America!
I DO want to thank Super Moderator Mom for his invaluable contribution in this forum and for having the time and the patiente to answer every single question posted that is PRICELESS! At the beginning when I joined this forum back on Sept 2016 I was completed lost and out of focus about the AOS process but thanks to that MAGICAL spreadsheet it made me open my eyes and help me go through to give the best advice to my D-i-L and son. Once lesson I have learned from this whole experience is that we all must practice PATIENTE as stated in many of the answers . Also Britsimon, your help is highly appreciated too in this forum with your own experiences.
I hope every petitioner becomes successfull at the end of this journey , GOD Bless America and GOD Bless all of you.
Best Regards, Luis

Awesome news. Congratulations!! Now you get to stop stressing :D

The 2NL for AOS is an email from KCC acknowledging their awareness of your intention to process AOS. It will include an attachment with instructions on how to make the DV processing/administrative fee payment.

2. Did you use the actual payment form or you included some letter you wrote yourself?
Thank you for the clarification Mom.
I did Copy-Paste form that is on travel.state.gov website to a word doc and filled it out.

Mail Payments To:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

DV Program Case Number: _______________________________________
Selectee Surname _____________________________________________
Selectee Given Name ___________________________________________
Address ______________________________________________________
City: State: Zip Code: ___________________________________________
Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)
Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)

What is a timeline for receiving receipt from the Department of State? My envelope with money order had been delivered to the P.O. Box around 2 weeks ago.

I've asked this question and went home from work, and receipt was already waiting for me in the mail-box! Apparently I've sent money order using Priority Mail Express Flat Envelope ($23) at morning of Jan 30, it was delivered on Feb 1 and I got receipt back Feb 9. Making 11 days total from which 3 days wasted on delivery.

P.S. I've included same Priority Mail Envelope inside the envelope with money order but didn't wrote down tracking number that's why was not able to track my package. I expected that tracking number would be on receipt but there was only number for sent envelope, not for one which was inside.

i did fingerprint last week and i just realized my USCIS updated i-485 only. But when i try to click for the case details it doesnt opening .
By the way-765 and I-131 not updated yet. Do u have any idea ? Why i cant open the I-485 page and other ones (I-765 I-131) not updated yet?

Thanks

Thank you for the clarification Mom.
I did Copy-Paste form that is on travel.state.gov website to a word doc and filled it out.

Mail Payments To:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

DV Program Case Number: _______________________________________
Selectee Surname _____________________________________________
Selectee Given Name ___________________________________________
Address ______________________________________________________
City: State: Zip Code: ___________________________________________
Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)
Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)

You should be okay since your CN is listed on the payment form. Writing the CN on the money order is intended to be help identify the case owner in case of a mix up

I've asked this question and went home from work, and receipt was already waiting for me in the mail-box! Apparently I've sent money order using Priority Mail Express Flat Envelope ($23) at morning of Jan 30, it was delivered on Feb 1 and I got receipt back Feb 9. Making 11 days total from which 3 days wasted on delivery.

P.S. I've included same Priority Mail Envelope inside the envelope with money order but didn't wrote down tracking number that's why was not able to track my package. I expected that tracking number would be on receipt but there was only number for sent envelope, not for one which was inside.

Glad you to know you've received the receipt. For the sake of others though, I can't help but note using Priority Mail Express or some other form of courier service for the payment is a waste of money - my opinion of course.

i did fingerprint last week and i just realized my USCIS updated i-485 only. But when i try to click for the case details it doesnt opening .
By the way-765 and I-131 not updated yet. Do u have any idea ? Why i cant open the I-485 page and other ones (I-765 I-131) not updated yet?

Thanks

1. I don't know why you're unable to see the updates

2. EAD/AP is a 3 months processing on average - there's nothing to update until the card is produced and mailed.

Hello
please could you give me advice.

I mistakenly marked No for the question asking about public assistance. I received Medicaid for period of time during pregnancy. My understanding to question was Medicaid is not a public charge and in the mean time I am not willing to take any assistance in the future. In the interview I am going to let the officer know that I received Medicaid. Does this affect the officer decisions?

>Priority Mail Express or some other form of courier service for the payment is a waste of money - my opinion of course.
Totally agree, should have used regular mail.

Hello
please could you give me advice.

I already answered the very first time you asked about Medicaid - it doesn't constitute public charge. That alone will most likely not lead to a denial. The IO however has the final say - he/she will take into consideration the totality of your situation.