• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hello mom IS DES MOINES

is been 1 month and a 1 week since i received my NOA, yet i have'nt received my bio letter. is this normal?
m CN# is current DEC.

I'm sure it will show up pretty soon. Check the timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time.

My CN is AS 8xxx, I received the adjustment of status letter today by email from KCC with a form to pay the fee. Is there any meaning of this letter?
Am still waiting my number to become current.

Seeing other petitioner interview experience on page-60 I realize that the visa number is a KCC dependant not the FO as I thought. I wonder how long KCC will take to get the GC visa number before my D-i-L receives and answer.

Hi everybody,

There is potentially a bill that will be introduced to congress that will eliminate the diversity visa called the RAISE act.

Does any one know if this will eliminate it this year, or will it make this year the last year?

Thanks!

Hi everybody,

There is potentially a bill that will be introduced to congress that will eliminate the diversity visa called the RAISE act.

Does any one know if this will eliminate it this year, or will it make this year the last year?

Thanks!

I guess it depends on how long (average time) a bill passes to become law. You can do a google search on statistics on how bills move to become law in u.s congress...it will give you a fair idea when the RAISE act will become law assuming it passes the test.

Hello, may I ask you a question regarding one item on the I-485 form? There is a question asking current status, the answer is F-1. Next question is its expiration date. My school program officially ended 2/3/2017 (it is also stated on my most current I-20), and since there is a grace period of 60 days, is the expiration date of my current status 4/3/2017? Which date should I use?

And also when I submit my tax returns, is it sufficient to just include only a page with form 1040(federal) and IT-201 (state), or the whole tax return which is usually between 15-25 pages?

Hello, may I ask you a question regarding one item on the I-485 form? There is a question asking current status, the answer is F-1. Next question is its expiration date. My school program officially ended 2/3/2017 (it is also stated on my most current I-20), and since there is a grace period of 60 days, is the expiration date of my current status 4/3/2017? Which date should I use?

And also when I submit my tax returns, is it sufficient to just include only a page with form 1040(federal) and IT-201 (state), or the whole tax return which is usually between 15-25 pages?

1. What's the date stamped on your passport?

2. Contact the IRS for a copy of your tax transcripts.

Well my passport has a J-1 visa which expired in 2006, that is the only date I can think of regarding passport. I received my F-1 status in 2007 (as you know it says valid for the duration of status), I received a bachelors degree, but then enrolled in a GRE school which provided me with a I-20: its date is Aug 15 2016 - Feb3 2017. So currently I am on grace period, however what would be the correct answer for my current status expiration date?

Is it correct to check option A for application type? Option A says that "an immigr. petition giving me an immediately available visa number that has been approved....." Is is related to DV lottery or should I choose H. other basis of eligibility?

And as I know when I send my AOS package, and receive a Notice of action that my case is pending, I don't need to worry about my status (meaning once the grace period ends, I am safe because my green card is pending)? Am I correct? Of course, there might be a chance that for some reason I could be rejected GC, but regardless if I send my AOS in the beginning of grace period, am I safe? Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for your effort to help every body.

My question is does taking Medicaid affect getting green card based on dv.?

Please note I was student sponsored by my government. Due to the war they stop our insurance. At the same time, I was pregnant. I receive it only for my pregnancy and delivery. Now I have my own medical insurance from my husband work.

When I applied for Medicaid I submit every thing they told me even a copy of my visa

THANK YOU

Well my passport has a J-1 visa which expired in 2006, that is the only date I can think of regarding passport. I received my F-1 status in 2007 (as you know it says valid for the duration of status), I received a bachelors degree, but then enrolled in a GRE school which provided me with a I-20: its date is Aug 15 2016 - Feb3 2017. So currently I am on grace period, however what would be the correct answer for my current status expiration date?

Is it correct to check option A for application type? Option A says that "an immigr. petition giving me an immediately available visa number that has been approved....." Is is related to DV lottery or should I choose H. other basis of eligibility?

And as I know when I send my AOS package, and receive a Notice of action that my case is pending, I don't need to worry about my status (meaning once the grace period ends, I am safe because my green card is pending)? Am I correct? Of course, there might be a chance that for some reason I could be rejected GC, but regardless if I send my AOS in the beginning of grace period, am I safe? Thanks! :)

1. Short answer: the expiration date for you is duration of status. If 'duration of status' is stamped on your passport or listed on your I-20, that's what you need to list.

2. The IO ultimately decides that.

Hello,

Thanks for your effort to help every body.

My question is does taking Medicaid affect getting green card based on dv.?

Please note I was student sponsored by my government. Due to the war they stop our insurance. At the same time, I was pregnant. I receive it only for my pregnancy and delivery. Now I have my own medical insurance from my husband work.

When I applied for Medicaid I submit every thing they told me even a copy of my visa

THANK YOU

Please see the following post:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-44#post-2443359

Hello Mom,
I had my interview couple of days ago. The officer asked me first if I will tell him the truth and I said yes, he asked if I will lie to him and I said no. Then he asked me to state my full name, DOB, my country, etc. He went through all the yes and no questions. I brought all the needed documents with me but he only asked for my passport and my DV letter. I offered him my original I20 and he asked me if I sent a copy of it, I told him yes. I asked him if the background check is done and he said yes as he can't see any flags on his computer ( not sure what he meant by that but it seemed that it was done). The whole interview took 10 min and then he told me that he never dealt with DV cases before so he cannot make a decision today. He gave me a letter that says USCIS is unable to complete the case at the time and my case must be reviewed. I asked him what is the timeline for this and he said that he doesn't know. I checked my case status online yesterday and It was changed to "my case must be reviewed".
At the time of the interview I didn't ask the officer if he received my KCC file. It didn't really cross my mind to ask about this. I only saw my AOS package on his desk and nothing else. Should I call KCC to ask if my file was requested? and if it wasn't is there anything else I can do?
Thanks

I had an infopass appointment at my FO in charlotte, NC yesterday. First of all thanks to this forum. I did ask the questions the moderators of this forum have advised. Regarding the background check, I got the IO to confirm it was cleared. I then proceeded to ask about my case file. She then went to the back offices and she spent about 5 minutes and came back and said they have requested my case file from KCC but have not had a response. I was abit concerned about that because prior to my visit to the FO, I had called KCC and they indicated my FO has not requested my case file. Subsequently I told the IO that KCC told me they haven't had a request from her outfit about my case. At this moment I realized something isn't right somewhere. Fast-forward to this afternoon, I called KCC and they reiterated their initial claim of not receiving any request...funny. In summary, I had an infopass appointment which was somewhat helpful to me because atleast I got to know what was going on with my case. I guess I just have to wait and allow the two parties reconcile themselves and occasionally intervene with another infopass appointment.

Hello Mom,
I had my interview couple of days ago. The officer asked me first if I will tell him the truth and I said yes, he asked if I will lie to him and I said no. Then he asked me to state my full name, DOB, my country, etc. He went through all the yes and no questions. I brought all the needed documents with me but he only asked for my passport and my DV letter. I offered him my original I20 and he asked me if I sent a copy of it, I told him yes. I asked him if the background check is done and he said yes as he can't see any flags on his computer ( not sure what he meant by that but it seemed that it was done). The whole interview took 10 min and then he told me that he never dealt with DV cases before so he cannot make a decision today. He gave me a letter that says USCIS is unable to complete the case at the time and my case must be reviewed. I asked him what is the timeline for this and he said that he doesn't know. I checked my case status online yesterday and It was changed to "my case must be reviewed".
At the time of the interview I didn't ask the officer if he received my KCC file. It didn't really cross my mind to ask about this. I only saw my AOS package on his desk and nothing else. Should I call KCC to ask if my file was requested? and if it wasn't is there anything else I can do?
Thanks

It isn't unusual for a petition to undergo further review if the interviewing IO isn't familiar with the petition or authorized to make the final call. Your petition will be passed on to a supervisor (with your IO's tentative/recommended decision). The supervisor will make the final determination - there's no saying how soon that may be.

And yes, nothing wrong with contacting KCC to find out if the KCC file has been requested and sent accordingly. If it hasn't been requested, nothing you can do about it for now, except being patient.

I had an infopass appointment at my FO in charlotte, NC yesterday. First of all thanks to this forum. I did ask the questions the moderators of this forum have advised. Regarding the background check, I got the IO to confirm it was cleared. I then proceeded to ask about my case file. She then went to the back offices and she spent about 5 minutes and came back and said they have requested my case file from KCC but have not had a response. I was abit concerned about that because prior to my visit to the FO, I had called KCC and they indicated my FO has not requested my case file. Subsequently I told the IO that KCC told me they haven't had a request from her outfit about my case. At this moment I realized something isn't right somewhere. Fast-forward to this afternoon, I called KCC and they reiterated their initial claim of not receiving any request...funny. In summary, I had an infopass appointment which was somewhat helpful to me because atleast I got to know what was going on with my case. I guess I just have to wait and allow the two parties reconcile themselves and occasionally intervene with another infopass appointment.

Before you go on your next INFOPASS, I suggest you email KCC (as against calling) - you'll have a documented response you may be able to present to your FO to let them know they need to request your KCC file.

Hi,
My number was just posted on Visa Bulletin as current for April. I have a couple of questions.
1. Can you please post sample 2NL letter? I had submitted DS260 on December 8 and received confirmation letter right away. I assume it is not 2NL.
2. I did send a money order for Diversity Visa Lottery fee with a letter that includes my DV number, name and address. However did not note DV number on the money order. Can it cause an issue with processing my payment?
Thanks.