I140: Unable to obtain employment verification letter since previous employer went out of business.

h1b_masters

Hi,

My current employer is planning to file my I-140 and had asked me to submit the employment verification letter from my previous employers to validate my work experience and skill set. I had worked for two previous employers Company A and Company B which were both consulting companies.

1) Company A went out of business and I am unable to contact or obtain an employment verification letter from them.

2) I am unable to contact Company B since their contacts have all changed. The supervisors and HR I worked with in the past are unable to be reached or have moved.

I am trying to determine what should I do since I am unable to get these experience letters from both these companies. I have worked at client locations through both these consulting companies. Can I contact the managers at these client locations and obtain experience letters from them? Would that count? I have heard also about obtaining affidavits from atleast two co-workers at each workplace in lieu of an experience letter. In that case should they necessarily be the colleagues at my employment place or can they even be the other employees I worked with at the client site?

Also how soon should the I-140 be filed after a PERM is approved.

Please advise what my best option would be.

Thanks a lot in advance.