Why since my Residency Request Process started I always get asked a million question when crossing.

Jesus Baray

Hello immigration.com
smile.png

Let me just explain a little for your better understanding: I started my Residency Request Process in March, since then I have been requested to go to the US by my lawyer in order to make new payments, to give her more documents or stuff, I'm a Visa B1-B2 holder.

But the thing is that every time I cross the bridge to El Paso TX since this process started I have to answer a lot of questions, (Where do you live? When are you returning to Mexico? Where does your wife lives? Do you own this car? What do you do for living? Among a lot more questions) and at the end they always require me to pass through the X-Ray machine with my car, then they give me my visa and I'm free to go, after 15 or 20 minutes.

This last time I was going to my lawyer and I wanted to make it different so I crossed by walk, same thing, dozens of questions and at the end the officer wrote something like comply or compliance in a paper and pasted it in my visa, then he took me to another room, he spelled my name to another officer, they saw something in the computer, he returned to me my visa and that was all..... what is happening?

Has anyone experienced this before?

Hello immigration.com
smile.png

Let me just explain a little for your better understanding: I started my Residency Request Process in March, since then I have been requested to go to the US by my lawyer in order to make new payments, to give her more documents or stuff, I'm a Visa B1-B2 holder.

But the thing is that every time I cross the bridge to El Paso TX since this process started I have to answer a lot of questions, (Where do you live? When are you returning to Mexico? Where does your wife lives? Do you own this car? What do you do for living? Among a lot more questions) and at the end they always require me to pass through the X-Ray machine with my car, then they give me my visa and I'm free to go, after 15 or 20 minutes.

This last time I was going to my lawyer and I wanted to make it different so I crossed by walk, same thing, dozens of questions and at the end the officer wrote something like comply or compliance in a paper and pasted it in my visa, then he took me to another room, he spelled my name to another officer, they saw something in the computer, he returned to me my visa and that was all..... what is happening?

Hi Jesus,

I think this is a normal protocol when someone is entering the US with a B1-B2 Visa or non immigrant visa. I could be wrong but I also get similar questions when i arrive to an airport on a tourist visa to the U.S. I'm not sure what is the status of your green card request. Just sharing my experience when visiting the US on B1-B2 Visa

it's fairly common, specially for someone who is still using the B1-B2 visa while applying for residency.
as long as you are following the immigration law and doing everything as your lawyer is telling you to do, one need not worry.
my assumption is, you will get less questions if you travel by plane.

Hello immigration.com
smile.png