AtlantaMumbai

Hello All,

I am in a big dilemma.

In February of this year I got engaged with a girl in India. She applied for a tourist visa in April of this year for which she was approved.

In May of this year, I filed an I-129F petition. The petition was approved by USCIS California Service Center, approved by NVC, and she recently received her packet 4 from Mumbai Embassy. She is done with all the procedures before the interview (police clearance, DS 160, and medical), but has not yet paid the fees to schedule an interview.

The problem that I have is that we will have a Hindu religious ceremony. It is planned for after the interview. We will not register this marriage and will be going to a US court to get married within 90 days of her arrival.

Will this be a problem? I'm getting really worried. I don't want to do anything illegal, but staying away from my wife-to-be is making me distraught.

What can I do?

1. Contact USCIS?
2. Contact Mumbai Embassy?
3. Register my marriage in India and apply for K3/CR1? If I go with the K3/CR1 route after I return back to US, could she use her existing tourist visa to at least come and meet me before I get started on submitting my K3/CR1 petition?

I would appreciate if someone can help me with my situation. Relationships seem a lot more difficult over long distance and trying to coordinate for Hindu ceremony. The added complications of the immigration process is very agonizing.

Thank you for your responses